• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Crazy Question

Jbg_mframe

Oakley Enthusiast
Hey Oakley fam hope everyone is having a good day. I have an interesting question… I am very much into car detailing and have a penchant for ceramic coatings due to their durability. What are peoples thoughts on ceramic coating lenses to protect the finish and prevent scratches from daily wear and tear? Has anyone ever tried? Any other tricks you guys use?

JBG

I've done a glass coating (Fireball on a set of Holbrooks in the past month. Worked really well during a pool day. I've yet to set aside some time to coat the whole frame though with a paint coating. But will do so this weekend

Hey Oakley fam hope everyone is having a good day. I have an interesting question… I am very much into car detailing and have a penchant for ceramic coatings due to their durability. What are peoples thoughts on ceramic coating lenses to protect the finish and prevent scratches from daily wear and tear? Has anyone ever tried? Any other tricks you guys use?

JBG
Not gonna lie, I have considered this.

Or even just quick wax.

I don't know how flexible those coatings are though, might pull the iridium enough to hurt it.

Back