• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Crazy Times

OakleyTexan

Oakley Enthusiast
Where, when, or what is the craziest thing you are doing while wearing your Oakleys? Provide photos if possible.

I apologize I thought I had. I climbed Mount Fuji while stationed in Japan. Somewhere on Mount Fuji is a pair of Oakley, I would like to think. It took me almost three almost three hours to climb thing.

Attachments

• DSC00207.JPG
    DSC00207.JPG
    215.3 KB · Views: 177
I didn't have a good camera or smartphone in college. Lots of crazy stuff.

I've gone face first down a black diamond ski hill on a lunch tray. M Frames in place. That was one of the more foolish events in terms of injury.

Riding in a pickup on a particularly rough offroad trail while hanging out the window. M Frames as well. We didn't have GoPros and fancy mounts. Came out of that one without a scratch.

"Pond" hockey out on the Great Lakes. Several pairs there.

Went through Germany, Switzerland, and France with a pair of borrowed Four S.

Several particularly fun games of "death ball" wearing M Frames. (Death ball is a game where you sneak into the racquetball courts with 1-3 people on either end and proceed to attempt to hurt everyone using rackets and normal racquetballs. Points are awarded for forcing someone to leave the court. No direct attacks at the players on your own end, you can change ends or pause the action to leave at any time. Wall checks are legal, racket contact is not)

Everything else would be pretty tame in comparison, though not necessarily worse or less fun.

I didn't have a good camera or smartphone in college. Lots of crazy stuff.

I've gone face first down a black diamond ski hill on a lunch tray. M Frames in place. That was one of the more foolish events in terms of injury.

Riding in a pickup on a particularly rough offroad trail while hanging out the window. M Frames as well. We didn't have GoPros and fancy mounts. Came out of that one without a scratch.

"Pond" hockey out on the Great Lakes. Several pairs there.

Went through Germany, Switzerland, and France with a pair of borrowed Four S.

Several particularly fun games of "death ball" wearing M Frames. (Death ball is a game where you sneak into the racquetball courts with 1-3 people on either end and proceed to attempt to hurt everyone using rackets and normal racquetballs. Points are awarded for forcing someone to leave the court. No direct attacks at the players on your own end, you can change ends or pause the action to leave at any time. Wall checks are legal, racket contact is not)

Everything else would be pretty tame in comparison, though not necessarily worse or less fun.
No Oakleys broke or injuried on any of those events. I will be posted other events that occurred to me where I have lost or broke some Oakleys.

We used to play something like that only without the rackets, just the balls. And with the lights off.

Unfortunately my craziest times were pre-Oakley but I did lose a pair of Juliets swimming in the ocean. That's what eventually led me here...

No Oakleys broke or injuried on any of those events. I will be posted other events that occurred to me where I have lost or broke some Oakleys.
Broke? Nope, still wear those M Frames. Pair #2 for me, only pair still with me from before 2012.

They went through a few lenses in their lifetime, though. And a lot of rubber. They've been crusty with sweat, covered in mud, taken explosions, sticks, bullet fragments, snow, ice, rocks. They've been through a lot with me. One of the reasons I'm so passionate about the M Frame and why nothing else made is its equal in terms of performance.

Broke? Nope, still wear those M Frames. Pair #2 for me, only pair still with me from before 2012.

They went through a few lenses in their lifetime, though. And a lot of rubber. They've been crusty with sweat, covered in mud, taken explosions, sticks, bullet fragments, snow, ice, rocks. They've been through a lot with me. One of the reasons I'm so passionate about the M Frame and why nothing else made is its equal in terms of performance.
New m frame or retro ones?

I def need to get a beater 'kill-em-all' pair...

That's none of your damned business and I'll thank you to stay out of my personal affairs.

Back