• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Croc leather in my X-Metal vault?

Cody Oslo

Oakley Expert
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Oslo
I wanna take the leather from this croc purse and make a Deluxe/VIP inside for my travel Xmetal frames. Should I try?

Does it worth it? Did someone do this before? I want your opinions

Quote: "Best treatment when my frames are traveling"

EC61FB01-DE72-4DE2-96ED-AFAC5025808B.JPG

Croc purse copy.jpg

IMG_2064.jpg

IMG_2065.jpg

I think definitions matter here. By “Best Treatment…” do you mean taking the most physical care that your pairs don’t get damaged? Or do you mean treating them by transporting them in the most luxurious appearing travel case?

I think the “best of all worlds” solution is the following:
1. New foam for the inside
2. Keep only one pair at a time inside of it
3. Put the croc leather on the OUTSIDE of the case.
4. Add some kind of closure system (not a lock, some other kind of closure)

The case will be expensive, expensive looking, take good care of your pair, and be completely unique.

I think definitions matter here. By “Best Treatment…” do you mean taking the most physical care that your pairs don’t get damaged? Or do you mean treating them by transporting them in the most luxurious appearing travel case?

I think the “best of all worlds” solution is the following:
1. New foam for the inside
2. Keep only one pair at a time inside of it
3. Put the croc leather on the OUTSIDE of the case.
4. Add some kind of closure system (not a lock, some other kind of closure)

The case will be expensive, expensive looking, take good care of your pair, and be completely unique.
Regarding your answers:
1. That's the topic, with or without foam, I was thinking to have croc leather inside (in combination with the foam)
2. Not necessarily, any Xmetal frame can fit and be safer in this vault
3. Outside will not have the same vibe as Xmetal
4. I don't know what you mean...can you elaborate

I'm not looking to have an expensive vault, but to insert very good leather inside

Thank you

Regarding your answers:
1. That's the topic, with or without foam, I was thinking to have croc leather inside (in combination with the foam)
2. Not necessarily, any Xmetal frame can fit and be safer in this vault
3. Outside will not have the same vibe as Xmetal
4. I don't know what you mean...can you elaborate

I'm not looking to have an expensive vault, but to insert very good leather inside

Thank you
1. Definitely with foam. Can the leather damage lenses?
2. I’m confused. I just said 1 pair, that includes X-Metals. Do you mean 2 X-Metals fit?
3. True
4. You don’t want to do leather outside, so can’t do it; but I meant like these:

7366B60A-17CE-4BF4-9712-E66001A43051.jpeg 65A7B1D2-2D0A-46D1-8061-721ED365CF76.jpeg 16023512-EC91-4821-9EC0-98758D5BA22A.jpeg

Latest Posts

Back