• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Crooked Frogskins

zackedoo

Oakley Beginner
Hi all. I have a pair of Basin Red Summit Frogs that I noticed were fitting crooked. Upon looking at them, I realized that one of the arms was moving on the hinge; in other words, it doesn't fit flush on the hinge, almost as if the hinge on the arm isn't big enough to fit completely around the hinge on the frame.
Has anyone else had this problem? Have you found any solution? I'd appreciate any input, as nobody likes a pair of crooked sunglasses. :mad:

This may be worth a shot, if it doesn't fix this, it does fix loose arms and tightens up frogs very well. Take a dial micrometer and measure a frog leg that fits well. Record that measurement and then take your crooked or loose leg and place that in the micrometer. Clamp it on about a tenth of an inch tighter than the proper measurement. Let it sit overnight. A hair dryer won't hurt either.

Does the arm pull out easy?
If you gave another pair of froggies.
Pull off arm and change them. See if the arm sits well.

If it doesn't sit we'll on the other frame it's the arm.
If the arm doesn't sit we'll on the frame it's the frame.

Had that happen to me once. Poor production issue. I just returned them and swapped them out for a new one.

Thanks for the responses! @OGfrog I'll give that a shot. @NYC Joe I know from just looking at it that it's the arm itself, so we'll see how the tightening works.

This happened to my pair yesterday actually. And I freaked out and thought they were broken. But when I calmed down and really looked at it, I noticed, it just snapped back in. Pretty easy.