• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Crosshairs (2012)

I thought the stems could've been a little tighter. These just slipped on at the store. Much more aviator-styled now, and they aren't using the original stems (thank god). Much better than the 2.0, different feel entirely than the old.

2012-03-13175003.jpg

Looks like you have an employee checking you out in the reflection of the lens? What was he saying as you were taking the pics? Just curious....

Attachments

• 2012-03-13175003.jpg
    2012-03-13175003.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 1,779
He was the store manager, we were actually having a good chat and he was showing me the pairs they just got in. I told him I was snapping pics so I could remember how they fit. Which is true. I often see a pair someone posts on here and think to myself "how do I like [Fuel Cells]?" and most of the time I just kind of blank.

Now that I'm not working less than a mile from the mall where this Vault is it's not as convenient to pop over after work and try out a frame. I did that with the Holbrook, but I wish I had sat on it and taken a picture.

Hi all, first post on this forum. I just bought a pair of Crosshair 2012s, lead color frames with black polarized Iridium lenses. I am trying to pick a hard case for them to protect them from getting crushed in my computer bag when they aren't being worn. Does anyone know if the "SQUARE O GRAPHITE HARD CASE SKU# 07-582" and/or the "LARGE CARBON FIBER EYEWEAR CASE SKU# 07-257" will fit? I think I would prefer the 07-257 if it fits. The 07-257 mentions that Crosshair 2.0s fit but it appears Crosshair 2012s are a bit larger than Crosshair 2.0s. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Also I noticed the Crosshair 2012s are made in China. I thought Oakleys were previously 100% made in the USA, is this a new development from the Luxottica merger?

Also I noticed the Crosshair 2012s are made in China. I thought Oakleys were previously 100% made in the USA, is this a new development from the Luxottica merger?

Oh boy yes. Metal and Acetate frames will be made in a Luxottica Factory in China. Important to note that its not going to a third party factory. Simply there is not enough room for all production at FHR. Luxottica has space to spare in some of their factories and Oakley will be using that space due to demand. All R&D, lenses, and O Matter frames will continue to come straight from FHR.

Hi all, first post on this forum. I just bought a pair of Crosshair 2012s, lead color frames with black polarized Iridium lenses. I am trying to pick a hard case for them to protect them from getting crushed in my computer bag when they aren't being worn. Does anyone know if the "SQUARE O GRAPHITE HARD CASE SKU# 07-582" and/or the "LARGE CARBON FIBER EYEWEAR CASE SKU# 07-257" will fit? I think I would prefer the 07-257 if it fits. The 07-257 mentions that Crosshair 2.0s fit but it appears Crosshair 2012s are a bit larger than Crosshair 2.0s. Any suggestions are appreciated.

i think you'll be fine wih the large CF vault. i have the large metal vault (pretty much the same size) and my gen1 crosshair fits in it with room to spare.. the current crosshair isnt hugely larger..

I like the zippered soft vaults more than the others. The carbon fiber vault is a spring-close glasses case, and to me it would be too easy for stuff to come into the case should the spring weaken or the seam get wedged open. And if the glasses are kinda crooked you're snapping the lid shut on them.

I just feel more at ease with the zippered vaults.

I like the zippered soft vaults more than the others. The carbon fiber vault is a spring-close glasses case, and to me it would be too easy for stuff to come into the case should the spring weaken or the seam get wedged open. And if the glasses are kinda crooked you're snapping the lid shut on them.

I just feel more at ease with the zippered vaults.

yeah totally agree. perfectly valid! however that said, ive used my spring cases (large and small metal vaults) for over a year now and both have never failed me. closes tight and doesnt open up unwantedly. of course, always use the clothbag as well inside the case, but i do that with any case unless its slotted.

I may be picking a pair of crosshairs (2012) up later this month (first wires!), and I understand from reading some reviews on o-review that some of the different frames have different weights.
Can anyone expand a little more on that?
Also, does anyone know any cool colourways?

The different weights are because there is a Ti Crosshair(made out of titanium), which is more expensive than a polarized Crosshair. But they are noticeably lighter. Not necessary though..

Latest Posts

Back