• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Crosslink sock keep melting

No hair products I'm I guess my sweat is to aggressive, I never thought to wash them regularly, but seem one side more the other.

Anyway is there a web site where a I can order some spares?

No hair products I'm I guess my sweat is to aggressive, I never thought to wash them regularly, but seem one side more the other.

Anyway is there a web site where a I can order some spares?
I doubt it's your sweat. It's more likely a product on your hands, skin, or hair, especially if it's more on one side than the other. Sweat that corrodes silicone would have to contain ketones to outright melt it.

Yeah, I don’t think it’s sweat. I wear a bunch of different frames while training, they get pretty gross. Granted I do wash them thoroughly after. Do you leave them in your car?

No in wear them 24/7 no product
I can't figure it out
Wearing them 24/7 and never washing them is your problem.
The interface between your body and the glasses wether it be your hands, hair, sweat, oils, butt, spit, lotion, will all contribute to the product deteriorating over time.
Anything you excrete, or is currently on your skin will transfer to the rubbers. By never cleaning them, hear lies the problem.
Don’t worry about pin pointing the cause, just properly clean them at regular intervals you see fit. Try once a week or two to start.

If they still melt, see a doctor my friend.

yes same happen to me and end up not using my pair any longer as I couldn't get an OEM replacement earsocks. And by the way Oakley customer service sucks as they can't help me out of getting a replacement parts.

Latest Posts

Back