• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Crosslink sock keep melting

Do what I do: before you go to bed wash the earstem rubber with soap and warm water and pat dry with a towel. Takes 20 seconds and prolongs the life significantly. I had a slightly split pair of rubbers on a daily Rx frame that were used. I got 1 year out of those old rubbers before the split worsened and I had to replace the rubber. Not bad for an already split piece. Washing the oil off helps stave off the deterioration. Good luck!

yes same happen to me and end up not using my pair any longer as I couldn't get an OEM replacement earsocks. And by the way Oakley customer service sucks as they can't help me out of getting a replacement parts.
You used to wash them as suggested?

I'm using copy Whisker earsocks on my prescription Oakley Sculpt 6.0.
Not exactly the same size (2mm short of the required 65mm) but they're the closest I've found so far as replacements.

The interesting thing is that they have started to deteriorate ('melt'), just like the real ones did - they must have copied the rubber compound a little too well 😄

I generally wash my cycling sunglasses after each wear, but don't usually bother with my all-day prescription glasses. The rubber on the prescription glasses deteriorates in a few months, so I tend to agree it is probably down to sweat, time in contact with skin oils and not enough (or any) cleaning. At £7 to £10 a pop even for copy earsocks I should be washing them too.

Latest Posts

Back