• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Crosslink

Buckbeek

Oakley Beginner
Asheville,NC
I recently ordered a new pair of Crosslink Smoke Grey/Cardinal Rx. Ill get some pics up as soon as they come in. However, while in Sunglass Hut yesterday I saw that the new Oakleys are now being made in China!!
WTH?? If that's so, then why aren't we seeing a significant drop in price? I mean really? I have a pair of Oakley Flak Jacket XLJ Fire Iridium and they are USA made. When did and why did Oakley start having their stuff made by China?

Last edited:
No offense, lol, but this forum is a joke......

lmao......theres like zero-nothing happening all the time

and your like "Im sooooo tired of this topic"........whatever man, I reckon it

really sux to know that your now paying like 3,0000 % more than what it cost

oakley to have their glasses made in China.......I would be ass hurt too......But certainly not dumb

enough to keep doing it. and certainly not weak enough to not wanna talk about it..

It’s been going for a bit now. I first noticed it with a Two Face I got. I don't think I would put the blame on just Oakley it is their parent company Lux that I’m sure is behind it. It has been thought for a very long time that most of the plastic has come from China and then assembled in the US so that they could put the made in the USA stamp on them. Don’t quote me on that though.

Thank you JDubs!! Thats all I was lookin for bro......
I reckon we just have to live with it. My flaks do have made in USA though.
I do hear however that Maui Jims are still made in Hawaii.

The only eyewear produced in China is wire an acetate. The men's omatter is produced in the USA. All eyewear under goes the same testing and is all exceptional quality.

Never forget that Oakley is no longer owned/run by an American company, like where it started. Owned by Luxxotica from Italy. That made in America labeling you see is a bit of misdirection. That said, we're all paying for the branding and technology and I'm fine with all of it. It's the front line user/seller qoutient that keeps me coming back, because IT'S American (Canadian in my case). Any time I have a question or problem, Oakley customer service is always there to make it right. Back in the day I had some frame issues with 3 separate pairs of Zero's .4 Squared (before your time) and each pair was replaced free of charge. Also same thing with a pair of Factory Pilots (waaay back in the day) that shattered on my face when it got too cold while riding my bike. Replaced. So, ya Oakley = expensive but we're all here on this forum because we love our O's, no matter where they come from.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back