• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Crowd-source Designed - Lets Take It Back To Sculptural Art Wrapped In Science.

i see. so kinda like my wire subzero but with extra lens material at the nosebridge section. that could be interesting...
Right, from far away, it'll look like it's one solid lens. But upon closer inspection it's actually multiple pieces of lenses strewn together. A shattered effect, if you will.

I just had a thought.

Instead of cutting up the shield lens, perhaps etching can produce the same effect of the gaps. An iridium shield lens would just need a surface etching job to create the gaps that a cut lens would've had but still maintain the shield lens as a whole lens and therefore limit light leakage.

I have been thinking lately about the possible need for a brand that really differs again and rebels against everything that is mainstream. And would be willing to help in creating this.
What is important thought, is that you take one clear market-segment. You either have to go cheap, which is what you don't want actually. Or go 200% premium. Expecially in these economic times it is important to choose an extreme. The middle of the market is saturated, and customers there have learned to ignore very well.

So what would be important is to choose premium materials. Think aluminum for example, it has a lot of possibilities. I have many in my mind at the moment. And possibly they can be combined with other ideas here.

I will be more than happy to try to help creating something like this. I have some connections that might be able to help make this happen, so...

Back