• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Crowd-source Designed - Lets Take It Back To Sculptural Art Wrapped In Science.

I have been thinking lately about the possible need for a brand that really differs again and rebels against everything that is mainstream. And would be willing to help in creating this.
What is important thought, is that you take one clear market-segment. You either have to go cheap, which is what you don't want actually. Or go 200% premium. Expecially in these economic times it is important to choose an extreme. The middle of the market is saturated, and customers there have learned to ignore very well.

So what would be important is to choose premium materials. Think aluminum for example, it has a lot of possibilities. I have many in my mind at the moment. And possibly they can be combined with other ideas here.

I will be more than happy to try to help creating something like this. I have some connections that might be able to help make this happen, so...

awesome. glad to have you on board Jules, we could sure use your expertise

Forgive me CRUDE capabilities with my renderings....lol

is that a serrated earstem? haha awesome. you know, i will contribute something.

not long ago oakley released the Fringe for girls. and i was saying how we should design one that actually doubles as a hairband. have teeth on the upper edge or something to hold hair back when you prop them on top of your head..

Last edited by a moderator:
is that a serrated earstem? haha awesome. you know, i will contribute something.

not long ago oakley released the Fringe for girls. and i was saying how we should design one that actually doubles as a hairband. have teeth on the upper edge or something to hold hair back when you prop them on top of your head..
Like Catwoman's goggles in TDKR?

I can model in Inventor for 3d stuff. I know Ruspot can as well

Sculpted shapes like orbitals and frames take too long. I use Inventor at work and I'm too busy to try and do something like this on company time.

Technically the license should be good to port over to use at home, but no way in hell I'm going to try and use Autodesk's license transfer bullshit again.

There is a free software tool that Autodesk made that will render a 3d model from photos of an object. I never got the hang of it. It's called 123D and it's supposed to be a kind of social media for CAD.

Latest Posts

Back