• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Crowd-source Designed - Lets Take It Back To Sculptural Art Wrapped In Science.

Sculpted shapes like orbitals and frames take too long. I use Inventor at work and I'm too busy to try and do something like this on company time.

Technically the license should be good to port over to use at home, but no way in hell I'm going to try and use Autodesk's license transfer bullshit again.

There is a free software tool that Autodesk made that will render a 3d model from photos of an object. I never got the hang of it. It's called 123D and it's supposed to be a kind of social media for CAD.

You can "port" a license from an online p2p upload siteeee :tongue:

Sculpted shapes like orbitals and frames take too long. I use Inventor at work and I'm too busy to try and do something like this on company time.

Technically the license should be good to port over to use at home, but no way in hell I'm going to try and use Autodesk's license transfer bullshit again.

There is a free software tool that Autodesk made that will render a 3d model from photos of an object. I never got the hang of it. It's called 123D and it's supposed to be a kind of social media for CAD.

I can give you the education version if you want. Same as full but with a watermark

Anyone think a wire OTT would be cool? Make two circular lenses like you guys were talking about, but make an OTT like shape out of wire surrounding the lenses and wrapping the head. So basically it'd be a hollow, almost invisible frame around the lenses so it'd be worn like an OTT but almost seem like they are floating.

I have some major ideas but I think they would be stolen, honestly. I have one that I think points Oakley towards a direction that they cant seem to pull off outside of eyewear.

Can you give us a broad description?

This is a concept and I just made a very crude drawing in realtion. I spent 10 min drawing this out so only a first draft.

Heres my problem. Oakley does not relate any eye wear to its other divisions. Hence no matching combos that could be sold as a real collector item or items in tandem. Instead they throw 2 pieces together calling it a kit.

I love the time tank so here is my idea for example. I call it the M1 as the angular front is inspired by the M1 Abrams tank turret and only references the Holbrook popularity so it will be different. The arms pic up on the TT to coordinate the look of the watch with the glasses and keep with the theme. Now some of these lines on the glasses are more rigged in my mind but this is a basic mock up so remember its stage one here. This leads me down the line of the Time Bomb inspired pair of glasses which would be fu$%in awesome! . I have a few mock ups of those so ya, I would doubt there would be anyone that would not want a Oakley "Sunglass Bomb"... these would also be 100% metal glasses to match with the watches and include small cues from the watches as well. This is just one idea I have which I have no doubt will lead people into others similar concepts down the road. Oakley needs to call upon there own items in the past to draw inspiration and no doubt the fans and newcomers will be happy.

Now, you could scale back the tracks and include only one on the main arm but the "idea" is to bring in the TT or TB in the glasses. This concept can work well in my opinion and this is an idea ranging in many possibilities towards concepts to other watches like the 12 guage and so on. A few pairs of glasses relating to watches would also give incentive for customers and collectors who can only buy one(say glasses) and buy the watch down the road or a numbered collectors combo at one time. Very versatile.

M1.jpg

So here are a few sketches I came up with. 1st was a draft and 2nd is a front view 1:1 scale.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a concept and I just made a very crude drawing in realtion. I spent 10 min drawing this out so only a first draft.

That looks sweet, and is a very good idea to go a long with it. The stems in that drawing there remind me of the Thump a little bit or the Ballistic M-Frame.

That looks sweet, and is a very good idea to go a long with it. The stems in that drawing there remind me of the Thump a little bit or the Ballistic M-Frame.

Right, so we know that the design in the Ballistic M frame works as a design cue and it has not been done in metal. Also, there is a posibility of making the track function to conform to the individual s head. Although engineering would need to be invloved it could make the customer move the arms anyway they want. That's a major undertaking but totally unique

Back