• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Crystal Black Frames - Are There Fakes Out There?

Frogskins come in Crystal Black. I haven't seen a Crystal Black fake yet, but I have seen very poor attempts at Acid Series frames, and the Acid Black is Crystal Black really.

thank you Herbsley that you cover my back ;o))

LOOL - sorry mate - just thought I would add weight to your argument.

I never used to like Crystal Black actually, but now they are my go-to pair for when the weather is a bit cloudy or changeable, as they let in so much light at the sides! I took the Black Iridium out of mine, cos they just looked wrong, and put in some good old Grey which suit the frame and icon much better.
They are also now my go-to pair for matching a blue shirt or suit - cos Crystal Black is of course actually blue-ish!

LOOL - sorry mate - just thought I would add weight to your argument.

I never used to like Crystal Black actually, but now they are my go-to pair for when the weather is a bit cloudy or changeable, as they let in so much light at the sides! I took the Black Iridium out of mine, cos they just looked wrong, and put in some good old Grey which suit the frame and icon much better.
They are also now my go-to pair for matching a blue shirt or suit - cos Crystal Black is of course actually blue-ish!

Yer, when i got my crystal MD's some years ago from SGH in Florida they told me they were crystal blue......................*******!!!!!!........me being nieve believed them until the Oakley store told me they were crystal black:doh:

I have the Fives 3.0 crystal black/black irid pol and the frame is not "blue-ish" at all. Different models, different frames ? maybe...

That's interesting. Perhaps different 'evolutions' of crystal black are different - I am willing to go with that.

Holding my crystal black Hijinx up to the light, they definitely have a blue hue (as it were).
So did my crystal Splice back in the day.
And the BottleCap.

Could be. Bought mine a couple of years ago, round 2004 or so...To make the confusion perfect, I would call the frame in fact "crystal grey" :) Nevertheless a nice frame for casual/everyday use.

Back