• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Crystal Black/ Ruby Iridium Frogskins

its a blue red and white bag with a bunch pattern all over it looks like this

photo5jt.jpg

hope this helps

so i just got them today (i ordered them on ebay) and i want to start out by saying that if these are fake, they are UNBELIEVABLY good fakes. However, i do have some skepticism. first off, the hinges move MUCH easier than any of my others, but as i only have a few pairs, i can't say whether or not thats the deciding factor. also, upon close examination, on the frames on the inside of the right leg, right below where the leg would snap on, theres a tiny star imprinted into it...was wondering if anyone could confirm that these are in fact oakley authentics

so i just got them today (i ordered them on ebay) and i want to start out by saying that if these are fake, they are UNBELIEVABLY good fakes. However, i do have some skepticism. first off, the hinges move MUCH easier than any of my others, but as i only have a few pairs, i can't say whether or not thats the deciding factor. also, upon close examination, on the frames on the inside of the right leg, right below where the leg would snap on, theres a tiny star imprinted into it...was wondering if anyone could confirm that these are in fact oakley authentics

If I'm not mistaken the smog series also had the star. None of my other froggies have it except that series. And I know mine are legit as I bought them from Oakley. But on the note of hinges, every pair that I have is different. Some of the hinges feel more snug (like my sw 24k), and some are a lot looser. Hope this helps you my man!

I just realized that Crystal Black w/Ruby was not available in '94, when I got my first Frogs. I evidently had +Red lenses. I've always assumed they were ruby. I don't remember them being anything but red when I looked at them. So I'm guessing Oakley tinkered with the look of that lens color (as I know they have with others)? I'm sure they had to have done so.. Can anyone confirm for me? And on a directly related note, if they have altered the +Red appearance, I wonder if the new "Back to the Basics" Frogs that are Crystal and +Red will be the current Pos Reds or have the old look to them..

If I'm not mistaken the smog series also had the star. None of my other froggies have it except that series. And I know mine are legit as I bought them from Oakley. But on the note of hinges, every pair that I have is different. Some of the hinges feel more snug (like my sw 24k), and some are a lot looser. Hope this helps you my man!

Antifreeze have it too.