• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Crystal replacement for Timebomb

azhollings

Oakley Beginner
Brand new to the forum and was wondering where I can replace the crystal? Oakley told me they don’t do that anymore. Searched on Google but couldn’t find any info.

Brand new to the forum and was wondering where I can replace the crystal? Oakley told me they don’t do that anymore. Searched on Google but couldn’t find any info.
replacements are non-existent.

is it a timebomb 1? it has a mineral crystal and is prone to mark easily.
if your crystal is scratched it is fairly easy to polish out using diamond past readily available on ebay 12Pcs Diamond Polishing Lapping Paste Compound Syringes 0.5-40 Micron 5Gram O6M2 191466997659 | eBay

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

those crystals original from oakley as spare are like gold man!

easier way is to polish them like mjt42 mentioned.....

Thanks for the reply, my scratch is deep enough to feel with my nail, you think it would work?
Mineral glass is quite soft, hence the reason for seeing so many timebombs with scratched crystals. the diamond paste will remove a lot of glass very quickly - i would not recommend using a Dremmel or the like. The only problem with removing a deep scratch will be from the thickness of the glass being reduced.

It is a Timebomb 1 is it? The TB2 has a sapphire crystal so cannot be polished but probably won't scratch either.

Let us know how you get on....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back