• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cube Display Case Suggestions?

Batwolf

Double Team
Premium Member
Portland, OR
I am moving to an apartment soon and would like to get rid of my Detolf display case for something smaller. Has anyone found a solution for a DIY cube display? Maybe the equivalent of the Detolf but in cube form? On a budget so official Oakley cases aren't an option.

I was actually thinking of making one out of some wood this year, same style as Oakley's and with Plexiglass, and had plans all ready for it. Never went through with it though after I found the detolf. I still have the plans if you'd want them? lol. It was about 2'-6" tall with 2 shelves I believe. I actually couldn't think of a way to put the shelves in when I first thought of it.

Honestly I don't have any requirements, I was just thinking no shelves like the standard Oakley cubes. I guess plexiglass would be the best material since it's relatively cheap. I wonder if there are any premade cases for other things that could work, maybe like memorabilia cases?

Try BAPD. If I remember correctly, he has some custom cases too right? Honestly, when I was looking for my own cube case, I checked the CL all around Chicago. There were a ton of display options, but not many I personally liked. Like I said, you could always make your own ;)

Im thinking about getting a Detolf case.

What about the small cubes people display Basketballs in?
Might be to small but it was a thought :)

I kinda wanna make a like 5 tier stand an a plexiglass box that fits just around it. I think with a little trim itd look sweet

Batwolf I was looking at solutions for this too. One that I stumbled upon that looked useful was model train display cases. They seem to be a good size to fit shades. I ended up buying an actual store display case (not oakley) from gershel bros for about $180 shipped. Its really nice looking, but if you are looking to save money research those train cases.

Latest Posts

Back