• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Current Prices Of Juliets

Good point @Oakley Veteran , I have a few direct duplicates myself.

Still, I'm surprised a little that demand is apparently up since I started a year or less ago. Supply won't have changed hugely in that time and it's occasionally still possible to buy them at retail.

Still, I'm surprised a little that demand is apparently up since I started a year or less ago. Supply won't have changed hugely in that time and it's occasionally still possible to buy them at retail.

How do you work out that supply hasnt changed when they are no longer being produced? Availability will decline steadily from the moment they stopped coming out of the factory!

Hugely was the key word there. Supply is of course decreasing, although the supply of carbon/BIs Oakley found briefly added to the market.

Only for lucky so and so's like you @Carrera1963 that can walk straight into the Vault at Portsmouth and find possibly the very last retail pair, delivered that same morning, in the country ;).

Only for lucky so and so's like you @Carrera1963 that can walk straight into the Vault at Portsmouth and find possibly the very last retail pair, delivered that same morning, in the country ;).
They were briefly orderable directly from Oakley websites too, was either at the end of last year or the start of this. I grabbed one pair of carbon/BI from them, should have gone for more.

The pair I got from the Pompey Vault weren't the only Juliets they've had in this year. All about timing and luck, I guess.

They were briefly orderable directly from Oakley websites too, was either at the end of last year or the start of this. I grabbed one pair of carbon/BI from them, should have gone for more.

The pair I got from the Pompey Vault weren't the only Juliets they've had in this year. All about timing and luck, I guess.
True, eyewearoutlet.co.uk did have some Carbon/Bl Juliet's around February time I think...

Supply:
- Is in decline, near rock bottom from a retail perspective and over, finished, gone, done out in many areas of the world. (not counting the few remaining stock lens options and Juliet rubber kits still available from Oakley, of course, but we're talking complete BNIB/LNIB pairs here, right?)
- There is still plenty out there to be had if you are willing to pay the price!
- I stand by my earlier point of folks wearing them. I know more that do than don't. MANY wear pairs and swap lenses, stickers, etc... to offload them as new (some are more honest, LNIB, but the worn BNIB happens). This further decreases supply, specifically collector-quality supply.

Demand:
- Will fluctuate, as it has with almost everything humans desire for all of time.
- Demand is dependent upon valuation and valuation is subjective. Here on OF most of us have preferences and we are willing to pay a FMV, or even a premium for what we prefer [to wear?], or pieces we are actively seeking to add to our collection. This increases demand for the X-Metals we want while decreasing demand for others. For me, this is a wash, I already have most of what I could have ever hoped to acquire so there is really not a lot left for me to chase. I have a few custom pieces in mind, but as for LNIB/BNIB I'm good :D I'm not nearly as 'demanding' as I was a year or two ago.

Even if demand does not increase the end of retail supply and those being worn contribute to the decline of availability for LNIB/BNIB pairs decreases supply. How anyone can argue that in a sane and rational manner I am not sure, but I am sure one of y'all will reply with such...

Variables:
- The economies of the world fluctuate, and with them the value/cost of those items in said economies. Stuff happens, people need to unload things to feed their families.
- There are and will always be fire sales, deals to be had.
- Many more DIY refinish/repair/restore options. What was once a very narrow market for tune-ups, lens cutting, even refinishing and plating has expanded. Go ahead and argue the quality and consistency of the n00bs in these areas, but they exist regardless.
- Timing and luck will always have their place

my $.02

True, eyewearoutlet.co.uk did have some Carbon/Bl Juliet's around February time I think...

that online vault (eyewearoutlet) is selling 99.99pound for an oakley juliet in november of year 2011, i still remember that day and contemplating of buying them. One of my greatest regret that i did not do the right thing. :(

Back