• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Current Prices Of Juliets

Well both are xmetal ruby juliets Pair #1 is BNIB never worn... Has much different ruby lenses.. Its sorta like 1st gen lenses. Pair #2 is in LNIB have been worn only a couple of times still 10/10 and with brand new ruby lenses.

I personally think Pair #1 is around $600 and Pair #2 is around $500 but like @Dallas O Hog said he thinks both are at the $450 mark... Curious to see what @MJLSr values one or the other at???

Its not serialized or sealed - presume LNiB (not specified?) - to me a 4th gen Juliet is not worth much more than $400, maybe $425. (Not including fees for PP, eBay, or shipping). If it was sealed it might go for $550+ ... I personally do not consider many Juliets that are not serialized - too many variables, ways to mix and match to restore sets - you really can't be sure what exactly you are getting once opened without the SN. For me, this applies to Juliets more than any other X-Metal for obvious reasons.

Sorry if I popped the valuation bubble for anyone there... I am just giving an honest opinion. If I was not so focused on matched/serial pairs I would probably be talking eBay prices here =] i guess that was the part of the question i failed to address - the audience !!! Where are you selling them?

Its not serialized or sealed - presume LNiB (not specified?) - to me a 4th gen Juliet is not worth much more than $400, maybe $425. (Not including fees for PP, eBay, or shipping). If it was sealed it might go for $550+ ... I personally do not consider many Juliets that are not serialized - too many variables, ways to mix and match to restore sets - you really can't be sure what exactly you are getting once opened without the SN. For me, this applies to Juliets more than any other X-Metal for obvious reasons.

I agree... The trouble I have is pricing things!!! I apparently over value everything or have an emotional attachment to my collection. But its just I would not let either of those pairs go for less than $500 I think anything below that is just crazy.

But again, I think @Dallas O Hog judgement is spot on in almost every case. The thing, I think he may not consider is future value....certainly @MJLSr is not taking any future value into contention claiming a $400 price point.

Sorry if I popped the valuation bubble for anyone there... I am just giving an honest opinion. If I was not so focused on matched/serial pairs I would probably be talking eBay prices here =] i guess that was the part of the question i failed to address - the audience !!! Where are you selling them?

Selling them at fair market value, which means not ebay!!!!

@MJLSr is not taking any future value into contention claiming a $400 price point.[/QUOTE]

Precisely! I am sharing my opinion of current value today - no listing fees, eBay or PP overhead, or shipping.

.. FUTURE value could go UP or DOWN!

Do the math and that $400 - 425 pair is close to $450 on OF, $500+ on eBay.

@MJLSr is not taking any future value into contention claiming a $400 price point.

Precisely! I am sharing my opinion of current value today - no listing fees, eBay or PP overhead, or shipping.

Do the math and that $400 - 425 pair is close to $450 on OF, $500+ on eBay.[/QUOTE]

I can agree with you on that!!! But honestly do you think Future can go down??? I can admit that its possible, However that case is HIGHLY HIGHLY unlikely. I think if anything prices with increase... The question is to what level??? For ex, an unboxed trashed R1 sells all day long at $450. Thats pretty high in my eyes. Thus in 3 yrs where will BNIB or LNIB juliets be??? I guess this why we have this thread right... @Oakley Veteran

Do the math and that $400 - 425 pair is close to $450 on OF, $500+ on eBay.

I can agree with you on that!!! But honestly do you think Future can go down??? I can admit that its possible, However that case is HIGHLY HIGHLY unlikely. I think if anything prices with increase... The question is to what level??? For ex, an unboxed trashed R1 sells all day long at $450. Thats pretty high in my eyes. Thus in 3 yrs where will BNIB or LNIB juliets be??? I guess this why we have this thread right... @Oakley Veteran[/QUOTE]

It's true, none of us has the advantage of the 'ol crystal ball, so anythings possible.
Just going on history as the yard stick, if I were a betting man, I'd put my money on slowly but surely steadily increasing in value.
Hence me referring earlier to the Romeo 1. 10 years dead now and look at it. Same can be said for the Mars, which IMHO is not the prettiest of the X-Metal's. Nice, sure! Screams Oakley, definitely! But...not necessarily for everyone. Poor examples of Mars Leather Jordan's where the leather's all worn and tarnished go for stupid prices. 10 years dead also.
The compound effect of your point @greg earlier (this bit) "So its three fold, retail supply is gone, people wearing the supply bnib is gone, and people unwilling to sell bnib is gone.... hence price always goes up for BNIB" I think is a very valid one.

:popcorn:

I have to disagree about any likely, or even probable significant increase in value of non-serial Juliets moving forward - at least in terms of a long-term investment, or even a short-term investment. I do not see them losing much, if any value, with minor fluctuations (+/- 5-10%?) week-to-week and month-to-month, but the logical probable increase for value in Juliets is for BNIB/sealed and/or serialized without a doubt.

1st question: What is a non-serial R1 worth compared to a serial R1?

Exactly!

I don't agree with the loose/beater R1 prices these days either at all whatsoever, but comparing those R1's to non-serial Juliets is really not apples to apples, at least not red delicious to red delicious, maybe red to green, perhaps. Two points in there: 1) They are not the same & 2) Not everyone likes the same kind of apples!

Same for the R2's, Half-X... Has anyone else noticed a complete Jordan Mars range from $500 to $1000 and back down to the $600 - $700 range over the last year or so? Even a common Mars, unless it is serialized, SGH Emerald? Crater w/ Red Socks?, something original & complete... those are the only ones showing real gains in value and I suspect that is largely due to the want/need that still exists for collectors!

Now, back to my rant... eh... 'point': With all the boxes, frames, and lenses out there the recent [non-serial] gens are not verifiable for a collector, which caps their value as clones of equal quality, and some may argue 'authenticity', can be made and assembled for a known price. I acknowledge that anything can be *fixed/forged*, but a sealed or serialized piece is far, far less likely to be a fake, especially in OF - just ask the right questions, remember the onus is on you, caveat emptor, and stay out of the dark alleys after midnight ;)

Also consider, perhaps, that the initial 'surge' of buyers since Juliets were discontinued has already taken place. The supply is not increasing, but the demand has normalized to some extent - those who truly want [NEED!] may already have - and the price gougers and highway robbers know this - just ask eBay!

Next point: As collectors fill their cabs the 'collector-quality-value-friendly' demand could very well be decreasing - that is entirely possible... at least until the prices come down! @greg & @Oakley Veteran have also echoed this.

As I mentioned before, comparing Juliets to most other X-metals is probably not fair - especially an R1. I do not agree with most all of the R1 pricing out there, especially since most of them are incomplete, reconditioned with aftermarket parts, not for me :rolleyes: I do not intend to offend, but may offend with my intent - when you post your LG-restored R1 you lost me at LG, but I digress...

Next point: There are 'bubbles' in everything. That is not to say that the overall value of X-Metals will not increase, as I believe they likely will overall. I simply believe there will be a point where the non-serial Juliet will fall well short of the rest in terms a of valuation, proportionally. That is my expectation.

For me, I have gotten away from non-serial Juliets with few exceptions, a couple of customs and clones, a project pair or two *with no expectation for residual value*. Everything else I have is serial/matched-box and I wear them with confidence, with a firm belief that not only will become more valuable, but a complete 9/10 serial pair will be far more valuable than a complete 9.5/10 or even a 10/10 non-serial pair every time, any time.

[/me: has another beer and makes another observation :cool:]

Now that's a kronin-length post! :drinks:

Along those lines, I once posted an observation on a similarly-themed thread, regarding demand. One factor that should be considered is that people lose interest over time. Maybe things in their life change, maybe they just get bored; either way priorities become different. How many ebay auctions do you see where some longtime collector decided to sell it all? The things that you've collected over the years, do you still collect all of them?

I'm not saying that's everybody's fate, just that it will affect demand. It may not be next year, it may not even be 10 years from now, or 30. Or maybe it will be. But, one way or another, a time will come when we find we're alone in the things we value so much, or at least a group of a select few. And outside that small group, the general market value of these grails won't be anywhere near what we think they deserve.

I've seen it happen again and again; a discontinued "best there was" hot item some years later being sold for chump change and only passionately appreciated by a few old people... That's why I keep saying one shouldn't consider collectibles as investments.

Latest Posts

Back