• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Current Prices Of Juliets

million.png

After reading this thread for the past couple days and seeing the varying opinions spoken as if they are fact I think it should be noted that prices on X-metals have never stabilized since the respective models were discontinued. For every ebay auction that sells a pair of Juliets for $500+ there's a guy buying them from craigslist for $50. X-metals were never mainstream, and that will impact their future value in ways no one can predict at this point. Even with huge celebs like Jordan, Ichiro, and countless others across all sports/movies/professions regularly wearing Oakleys in public and in films the general public showed little desire to spend retail pricing ($250-$450 depending on model and country of purchase) let alone current collector pricing of $500+ for longer discontinued models like the Romeo and Penny.

This community is much more highly informed on values for the current market and even here there are often discrepancies over what something is worth. The real facts are- Something is only worth what the buyer is willing to pay and what all of us are willing to pay is not an accurate way to read the market. Maybe in 10 years when the next generation takes a look at X-metals the values will find a stable place for awhile but much like the stock market, what makes you rich today can leave you penniless tomorrow.

Oakley made and continues to make products other than x-metals. There's plenty of enthusiasts of those other products to keep this forum going.

But at the same time I don't expect my future grandchildren to someday be browsing Oakley Forum to check out the memes grandpa posted once upon a time...

Here's my quick 2 cents!

I've noticed over the past year or so, the only people who really have a demand so to speak of x metal glasses are the Americans and people in the Philippines.
In Europe and the Middle East everyone is buying up the elites, frogs and anything plastic. This is due to all of us having bigger heads. Not many people can wear them in this part of the world so the market is slowly drying up and will soon disappear. Anything being sold on eBay, more than likely is being sent to America from Europe in a round about way. No one can wear them so no one buys them. Personally I find the elites fit me better, look better and are more robust! It's the same opinion as most other People I see wearing oakleys. I can see the market soon stopping with metals, especially with loads people over pricing all xmetals at the moment.

So everyone in Europe has bigger heads than the Americans and Filipinos? Have you ever gone out of the house ? or do you stay in all day watching Postman Pat and his big headed cat?

No one wears sunglasses in the uk because it is overcast or raining 95% of the time not because they have huge heads.

No one wears sunglasses in the uk because it is overcast or raining 95% of the time not because they have huge heads.

You need to get your facts rights, our weather isn't overcast or raining 95% of the time, so don't go posting false info

I'm not saying everyone has a bigger head than Americans, but everyone who I've come in contact with all struggle with the x metal series being extremely tight and uncomfortable to wear. The xmetal will soon die a death in this part of the world

Back