• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom Black Tortoise color help

JonJonM

Oakley Beginner
Hey there everyone, its my first time on the forum and thought I might be able to get some help reguarding custom frogskins on the oakley site. I want to make black tortoise frames but in the custom frogskin creator they dont offer the stems in black tortoise only the main frame. My question is if you had to choose what color stems do you think would match/look best with black tortoise frame. Im thinking of crystal black, matte black or polished black. Having not seen the black tortoise in person im not sure what to choose. I will be getting black iridium polarized lenses if that helps. Any opinions are appreciated thanks.

Hey there everyone, its my first time on the forum and thought I might be able to get some help reguarding custom frogskins on the oakley site. I want to make black tortoise frames but in the custom frogskin creator they dont offer the stems in black tortoise only the main frame. My question is if you had to choose what color stems do you think would match/look best with black tortoise frame. Im thinking of crystal black, matte black or polished black. Having not seen the black tortoise in person im not sure what to choose. I will be getting black iridium polarized lenses if that helps. Any opinions are appreciated thanks.
Chances are you can go to a Store and customize it to your exact specification...

Chances are you can go to a Store and customize it to your exact specification...
Yeah that would be ideal but the closest oakley store to me is a few hours drive. Unfortunatly i only get to see the products at sunglass hut locations and a few other small dealers. Ill try to contact oakley directly.

Yeah that would be ideal but the closest oakley store to me is a few hours drive. Unfortunatly i only get to see the products at sunglass hut locations and a few other small dealers. Ill try to contact oakley directly.
That's unfortunate... Most actual O Stores have a 'Custom Bar' like feature where you can fully customize a Frogskin ...

Call Oakley directly and see...

Welcome to the forum.

If there is any chance a SGH would have those floors it would help for you to see but I am thinking try to call Oakley first.
My thoughts are crystal black may work best though.

Try contacting Oakley Customer Services to see if they will restock the Black Tortoise stems, certainly that frame as a complete item was/is available on OCP, there has so far not been an official release with the actual title 'Black Tortoise' but the Acid Tortoise Black (24-368 & 24-313) release was the same frame. A good choice of lens is OO Black Polarized as this is only available via OCP, it suits the frame and never had an official release.

Try contacting Oakley Customer Services to see if they will restock the Black Tortoise stems, certainly that frame as a complete item was/is available on OCP, there has so far not been an official release with the actual title 'Black Tortoise' but the Acid Tortoise Black (24-368 & 24-313) release was the same frame. A good choice of lens is OO Black Polarized as this is only available via OCP, it suits the frame and never had an official release.
Thanks everyone. Sunglass hut around me doesnt stock that frame and on their website it shows a picture of black tortoise but the discription says frame color is brown. So i have emailed both companies and will give them a call when i have some spare time.

Latest Posts

Back