• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom Bruce Irons Hijinx

BADNESS

Resident Troublemaker
Vancouver, BC
I got these 2 days ago, and just finished modding them last nite...

IMG_19132.jpg

IMG_19072.jpg

IMG_19112.jpg

VL Emerald Lenses with Custom painted Metallic Emerald Icons.

@Badness
did you tried, to make some custom cut lenses from a oakley shield or do you use VL and other lenses?!?

@Badness
did you tried, to make some custom cut lenses from a oakley shield or do you use VL and other lenses?!?

Just plain old VL Hijinx replacement lenses from Ebay. They were like $20.

But I am working on a Super Stealth project involving a custom cut lens from an Oakley Goggle :thumb:

Very nice! Curious as to why you went VL instead of Oakley replacements? Cost?

Thanks!

I have been looking into alternate lenses for a while now. Oakley's lens options are getting pretty boring for me lately, and I've been wanting to see what the quality of the VL's were for a while now. The Emerald is soooo bright! The only problem, for me at least, is that when you look through them...they make everything kinda pinkish? It's the same problem I run into with Oakley's Ruby. I love it, but not to wear it. I hate that it makes everything blue!

Did you pop the icons out somehow?

Yep. After some looking at Homeless Depot, I found a very tiny screwdriver set that I used to pry out the Icons. I did however, put a couple of small depression marks on the arms on the first attempt, but the second one came out a little easier. They are barely noticable, but it still pissed me off...even though I thought it might happen. I hate being right all the time! LOL I am going to look for something else that I can use as a buffer between the Icons and the arms for the next custom set, which is already in the works :wink:

Yep. After some looking at Homeless Depot, I found a very tiny screwdriver set that I used to pry out the Icons. I did however, put a couple of small depression marks on the arms on the first attempt, but the second one came out a little easier. They are barely noticable, but it still pissed me off...even though I thought it might happen. I hate being right all the time! LOL I am going to look for something else that I can use as a buffer between the Icons and the arms for the next custom set, which is already in the works :wink:

So, are they held in place with glue or anything...or is there a snap fit? Meaning, do you have to use any sort of adhesive to reinstall, or is it some sort of pressure fit. Sorry for so many questions....just curious.

Back