• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom Carbon Fibre Juliets - my homage to this wonderful design

In 14 years mate

Seems an appropriate amount of time to wait.

Will we have hover cars and swallow pills for all our nutritional needs?!

7A5518A8-F192-4BC5-BA8A-E0B7B37B4B56.jpeg

Absolutely incredible, appreciate the skill and dedication to produce these works of art.

As many others stated before, please put me in line for your custom pieces of art when you are ready to sell. The interchangeability of your approach is really cool!

Does anyone in the know, know if there has been any movement here?

I’m dreaming of modular carbon fiber components for the X-Metal line! Image a Tio2 or 24k style, but with carbon fiber!

Does anyone in the know, know if there has been any movement here?

I’m dreaming of modular carbon fiber components for the X-Metal line! Image a Tio2 or 24k with carbon fiber!

Hopefully @“TRUMP” prediction of 14 years doesn’t come true.....

Bro unfortunately this project is a pipe dream. This guy is making them by hand and its incredibly time consuming. It would be a full time job with overtime to fulfill it.

I am hopeful too that the OP delivers, but i would be suprised if it happens. Dont get your hopes up. He hasnt been responding for a reason

Yeah, it's pretty telling that OP isn't posting, and I don't mean that as a knock to him at all.

We just have to respect his dedication to making it happen at least once. There are always projects that never see a complete item, and it becomes a bit selfish to repeatedly try to make him go out of his way to make some more — shift his art/hobby into a business. I get that people are just being excited, though.

Fully understand when a hobby becomes a job, moving from fun to work, then add sales, customer demands, it becomes a drag.

I was very encouraged at the mold approach, with an awesome mold, we can shop the fiber laying to any specialty shop - thus removing the OP direct involvement and allowing the hobby to stay a hobby.

With the wide range of skill sets here, it seems that if enough momentum is maintained, there can be multiple paths towards community enablement.

Back