• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom Carbon Fibre Juliets - my homage to this wonderful design

I would buy a pair of these if he was selling them. Besides, if we’re going to remove everything from the forum that isn’t authentic Oakley, then we need to remove all vinyl that people have made, aftermarket earsocks/bombs/gaskets/lenses and the 1:1 3D printed xmetal stands. And that’s just scratching the surface.
That's what I was getting at...

There is a fine line with zero definition of what can and can't be sold here...

Custom made anything is not "authentic", but there are a lot of amazing pieces made by Oakley Artists/Enthusiasts that people want, even though it's not authentic..

unique situation

Where's the Mars??? Doesn't have to be a Crater. Lol. By now I think I'm number 562?? Give or take?? I am Johnny Come-Too-Late.

IMG_9130.gif

That's what I was getting at...

There is a fine line with zero definition of what can and can't be sold here...

Custom made anything is not "authentic", but there are a lot of amazing pieces made by Oakley Artists/Enthusiasts that people want, even though it's not authentic..

unique situation

Well my sales thread was removed even though there’s a slew of custom stuff with Oakley trademarked images and designs being sold here. Some were up for a year or more.

Even though I wasn’t planning on really selling it, I just grabbed whatever I could at the time to list an auction style thread bc a mod said there was nothing wrong with doing just that so I wanted to try it out and see if that is, in fact, true. The mods are now targeting me because I brought to attention someone (I didn’t even mention who it was) breaking the rules on the exchange.

It’s hilarious as the position they are taking protects the one who broke the rules that they themselves put in place and it ended up screwing a forum member here out of $1000 for at least a week.

We always knew there were double standards here

Well my sales thread was removed even though there’s a slew of custom stuff with Oakley trademarked images and designs being sold here. Some were up for a year or more.

Even though I wasn’t planning on really selling it, I just grabbed whatever I could at the time to list an auction style thread bc a mod said there was nothing wrong with doing just that so I wanted to try it out and see if that is, in fact, true. The mods are now targeting me because I brought to attention someone (I didn’t even mention who it was) breaking the rules on the exchange.

It’s hilarious as the position they are taking protects the one who broke the rules that they themselves put in place and it ended up screwing a forum member here out of $1000 for at least a week.

We always knew there were double standards here
They've been around since I've been here (about 6 years now)

They've been around since I've been here (about 6 years now)

Exactly....yet I was told by a mod that posting a sales thread to “prove a point” was ridiculous and that he’s “sick of it”. I didn’t see that in the rules I guess they just get made up as we go along.

In the end, the point was proven and it went pretty much how I thought.

I’m Glad you see thru the hypocrisy

Exactly....yet I was told by a mod that posting a sales thread to “prove a point” was ridiculous and that he’s “sick of it”. I didn’t see that in the rules I guess they just get made up as we go along.

I’m Glad you see thru the hypocrisy
I've also noticed that 99% of the mods on this forum are the least active...

Back