• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom Carbon Fibre Juliet's

I've seen this before. I appreciate the work that went into it, but it's still not truly x-metal without the "X" in the nosebridge.

It's actually kinda ugly if you want my opinion :lol:

wow looks like a lot work . . .
result is not 100% perfect but for the first try - pretty good!

I also saw this quite awhile ago. I agree that it didn't come out perfect by no means, however he enjoyed the challenge of giving it a try. I have been working with carbon fiber for many years and have made some cool stuff. It takes alot of time and patience, and by no means is the raw cloth cheap. Depending on the ounce and weaveI pay roughly $50-65 a yard for raw material. Then I make my own designs from there.

For a first time attempt, I gotta give this guy major props. By no means is it up to everyone's OCD standards here on the boards, but just to attempt something like this is amazing. If he were to eventually start turning out perfect replicas made of CF, I would seriously consider picking one up from this guy (within a reasonable price range)...but, it would have to be dead on to the original product with practically no flaws. Nice work nonetheless!

<Herbsley adopts gruff Scottish voice - in the style of Duncan Bannatyne>

He has made a sunglass frame himself out of carbon fibre, which is impressive.

But it doesn't look like a Juliet.

And for that reason, I'm out.

Latest Posts

Back