• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom Cube Build

Putting the table saw to work
IMAG0527.jpg

Gluing up the box
IMAG0528.jpg

Finished, corners dont match up as I am not a carpenter... But it will work for our purposes.
IMAG0529.jpg

Box sitting in frame all beveled up.
IMAG0530.jpg

I think I'm going glass preferably tempered. Last time I tried talking to the glass guy though he looked at me like I was insane. So i'm hoping once I have a unit to bring him, I can tell him... "fill the holes with glass"

Any plans how to make the O-logo?

3D printing is always an option as is aluminum casting. but it is tempting to just get one of qtrains elite logos.

Now that i'm looking at the base I think my base came out shorter than stock style was. Might have to alter my logo plans a bit.

3D printing is always an option as is aluminum casting. but it is tempting to just get one of qtrains elite logos.

Now that i'm looking at the base I think my base came out shorter than stock style was. Might have to alter my logo plans a bit.

I think a glued on 3D logo kills the straight design of your case.

You could CNC ream the O and letters into the wood (2mm depth) and then make the same with a 2mm aluminum sheet (positive/negative).
Glue the aluminum O and letters into the wood and give them a horizontal brushed finish.

6o62s8lq.png

I think a glued on 3D logo kills the straight design of your case.

You could CNC ream the O and letters into the wood (2mm depth) and then make the same with a 2mm aluminum sheet (positive/negative).
Glue the aluminum O and letters into the wood and give them a horizontal brushed finish.

6o62s8lq.png

or just have a custom vinyl cut. much easier than all that junk.

Latest Posts

Back