• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

"custom cut" high intensity yellow lenses for hj xl 2.0?

oakley_2020

Oakley Beginner
I'd like to get some Oakley High Intensity Yellow lenses for my Half Jacket XL 2.0's. I bought some Revant "Tracer Yellow" lenses and they seemed decent but after discovering Oakley's HI Yellow, the Revant TY lenses seem very generic and run of the mill. It seems that Oakley really put a lot of attention into optimizing and tweaking their HI Yellow lenses. Can anyone here who has tried Oakley's HI Yellow lense attest that these lenses are a cut above other yellow lenses?

I tried to find Oakley HI Yellow lenses for my HJ XL 2.0's but I didn't find any options online. I've read a few threads about "custom cut" Oakley lenses. Would it be possible to purchase custom cut HI Yellow lenses for my HJ XL 2.0's? Approximately how much would this cost and who would be some good vendors to contact about this?

Brother!
I've been toying with the idea of HI yellow customs for a project...
The dreaded EBay still has HJ2XL lenses on occasion (rarely).
Be patient, post a "want to buy" in the exchange, and rely on @Chris A Hardaway for all your chopping needs.

Last edited:
I'd like to get some Oakley High Intensity Yellow lenses for my Half Jacket XL 2.0's. I bought some Revant "Tracer Yellow" lenses and they seemed decent but after discovering Oakley's HI Yellow, the Revant TY lenses seem very generic and run of the mill. It seems that Oakley really put a lot of attention into optimizing and tweaking their HI Yellow lenses. Can anyone here who has tried Oakley's HI Yellow lense attest that these lenses are a cut above other yellow lenses?

I tried to find Oakley HI Yellow lenses for my HJ XL 2.0's but I didn't find any options online. I've read a few threads about "custom cut" Oakley lenses. Would it be possible to purchase custom cut HI Yellow lenses for my HJ XL 2.0's? Approximately how much would this cost and who would be some good vendors to contact about this?

I’m not sure if they made H.I. Yellow or blue for the HJ 2.0, but if you are asking about someone custom cutting a lens for a half orbital frame I don’t know anyone that does that. It would most likely need to be done by hand. I would recommend you get a HJ 1.0 frame and some H.I. Yellow lenses for that instead. You can still find them for sale quite regularly, plus the frames are plentiful and can be found cheap too.

I contacted @Chris A Hardaway last night and sounds like he could make me a custom lense from scratch. It would be pricy but it would be totally custom and probably even better for my needs than HI Yellow. For example, standard HI Yellow has 86% light transmission but he could create a lense with 91% light transmission, for example, b/c I plan to use these glasses for mtb around the city at night. He could even create a similar blue overlay on the lenses like the HI Yellow lenses

I contacted @Chris A Hardaway last night and sounds like he could make me a custom lense from scratch. It would be pricy but it would be totally custom and probably even better for my needs than HI Yellow. For example, standard HI Yellow has 86% light transmission but he could create a lense with 91% light transmission, for example, b/c I plan to use these glasses for mtb around the city at night. He could even create a similar blue overlay on the lenses like the HI Yellow lenses

I think he mentioned in another thread that they would be close to the price of RX lenses which is between $200-300

Back