• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom Cut Juliet Lens Makers

TMan1787

Oakley Beginner
I'm new to the forum, so please forgive my redundant/ignorant inquiries if they have been posted countless time before:

1) In your opinion, who here offers the best quality/optical clarity custom lens cuts for Juliets?

2) The more infamous question, who offers the best X-Men/Black Hawk Down lenses? I really like the look that Linegear sells, I have purchased both their Premium Red and Red Mirror Polarized, but would like more of the optical clarity that Oakley is so well known for?

Have InfiniteHero cut your lenses. He does a stellar job, prices are good, and they are cut from an Oakley lens, so you don't lose quality.

As far as that damned Eric Bana lens... First gen ruby. That is what he has. Getting a Big Taco lens cut down will give you more ruby and less fruby. It will not be the deep red of the first gen though. Having a OO red iridium lens cut down will give you the red you're looking for. +Red iridium is more purple, but still close. Once you have been here 14 days (or cough up the $30 for a premium membership) you can get in the exchange forum. There is a long thread in there that has a lot f questions and answers, as well as comparison pictures. http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/1st-gen-juliet-ruby-lenses.22066/

I'm new to the forum, so please forgive my redundant/ignorant inquiries if they have been posted countless time before:

1) In your opinion, who here offers the best quality/optical clarity custom lens cuts for Juliets?

2) The more infamous question, who offers the best X-Men/Black Hawk Down lenses? I really like the look that Linegear sells, I have purchased both their Premium Red and Red Mirror Polarized, but would like more of the optical clarity that Oakley is so well known for?
1. Dr. Chop, Xmetamaniac, or I can cut you a set of lenses for your Juliets or any other X-Metal frame. Each of them have their own prices and ways of doing it. Pm one of us and they can give details.

2. ALL AFTERMARKET lenses are horrible. If you display your glasses and want the color, then no issue. They are for display only. PS-The aftermarket lenses devalue your glasses also. Oakley lenses that have the correct curvature can be cut down to fit the X-Metal frames. There is a DIY thread http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/cutting-lenses-what-works.12332/ that covers all you need to know.

3. My personal customs are machine cut lenses and polished bevels, and are optically centered for the cut. Polarized lenses can also be done without a problem. As long as Oakley makes the lens, it is got the base curve it can be done.

4. Welcome to the forum, I hope you find a home here, bunch of great people willing to help most of the time.

5. Concerning the Ruby "Unicorn", the Black Hawk Down lens. Good luck on that one. Pos Red has mostly purple, oo Red Polar- allows too much light transmission through, but is a solid light red color, and a Penny lens is the only one small enough to cut out all the fire out of a Ruby donor. Yes the Juliet you can cut a little out, but there still will be fire at the ends.

Thanks for your info:) I just recently sent my Juliets to Oakley for a tune up one last time. I have been solemn around my house because, in my ignorance, I just recently found out Oakley discontinued the Juliets and my only thought was I would not be able to wear them again, or not as much, since Oakley will discontinue the tune service soon. But, I am overjoyed to know that there is someone who can keep my dreams alive, the X-Man!!

I just recently got some 3rd party lenses which I know I probably overpayed, but when the time comes and I get bored with them, I definitely will hit you up for some of your highly recommended work:)

Thanks. I know it can be annoying to have someone post questions that have been asked countless times, I am just really excited I found an X-Metal/Juliet fan base with people who don't think you're crazy for spending $350+ on "sunglasses". They just don't get it, they are more than "sunglasses", they are works of art, period!

Back