• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom Cut Juliet Lens Makers

But I probably think the "ball-cap" method will be the biggest help. I guess I have been putting my Julies on wrong for years and years:(

I too was schooled when I read how to put them on "properly" but I also wear 15 shocks on my Polished Juliets but funny enough, when I got my XX, I found that they fit the same as my Juliets without shocks at all so I don't wear shocks on my XX. My Romeos came with 50 shocks and they were super tight. 15 is a little loose so I figure 25 should be just right.

I found that my Juliets with 15 shocks have lasted 10 years with minimal nose bridge wear even though I used to pull them open the "wrong" way to put them on. Now that I put them on like a cap, they should last forever and my Romeos should never see stress cracks. If my hands are not free when I walk into a building, I leave my Oakleys on until I can use 2 hands to take them off. In a pinch, I can put my Metals on with one hand via baseball cap method, but not smoothly and usually leaving a smudge on a lens.

Once you start putting them on correctly, you won't go back as it just feels "right" like it was mean to be!

Thanks again for your words of wisdom. I've gotta start practicing once I get my Julies back from OakleyHQ!

Always willing to help a fellow enthusiast!

I go so far as to remove my glasses and put them on my Oakley display stand and don't even close the ear stems now! They literally go on and off "as is" haha!

1. Dr. Chop, Xmetamaniac, or I can cut you a set of lenses for your Juliets or any other X-Metal frame. Each of them have their own prices and ways of doing it. Pm one of us and they can give details.

2. ALL AFTERMARKET lenses are horrible. If you display your glasses and want the color, then no issue. They are for display only. PS-The aftermarket lenses devalue your glasses also. Oakley lenses that have the correct curvature can be cut down to fit the X-Metal frames. There is a DIY thread http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/cutting-lenses-what-works.12332/ that covers all you need to know.

3. My personal customs are machine cut lenses and polished bevels, and are optically centered for the cut. Polarized lenses can also be done without a problem. As long as Oakley makes the lens, it is got the base curve it can be done.

4. Welcome to the forum, I hope you find a home here, bunch of great people willing to help most of the time.

5. Concerning the Ruby "Unicorn", the Black Hawk Down lens. Good luck on that one. Pos Red has mostly purple, oo Red Polar- allows too much light transmission through, but is a solid light red color, and a Penny lens is the only one small enough to cut out all the fire out of a Ruby donor. Yes the Juliet you can cut a little out, but there still will be fire at the ends.

That's really detailed information Bro!

I just might come to U for some custom lens cutting!

Back