• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom cut lenses

SO how did you cut your lenses? I've been searching on a good way to start trying to cut lenses but haven't found anything helpful.

I'd like to cut for a pair of Fives 4.0

I taped the lenses with masking tape then put old lens on new one and traced an outline. Then I took a sharp pair of scissors and cut about 1/8” outside of line. I had these sand paper barrels (80 grit) for an end grinder and I put that in a cordless drill and sanded them down to traced line. I compared the new cut to old lenses and kept sanding with barrel until it was close. After it was real close I took 220 grit by hand to finish off the size and shape. It only took me about 2 hours to do the set.

That’s probably not the best way I would say a dremmel tool with a cutting wheel to cut close to line would be better and then use that with a barrel disc and hand sand to a finish product.

Last edited:
Ya I used the best pair of scratched lenses I had laying around. I would definitely try on a new set now that I’ve done a set. Just gotta take a little at a time when you get down to the traced line so you don’t end up taking too much off.

Ok guys here is my second set of custom cuts. I used baseball Prizm from half jacket xl 2.0. I got a dremel and used that this time. It was a bit faster and easier to use. I got a couple minor scratches on one lens while cutting. I took tape off before they were done and well it happened. It’s not bad but it’s there. Not too bad for my second attempt.

35AF703A-E814-4B1F-831F-F67135EA79AA.jpeg
E3327AB0-B845-4623-BA19-272ECE67FA6C.jpeg
57E6C116-1B8F-49DB-A2FA-000F0DF536BF.jpeg
462C609B-740A-48C9-8CD0-886F5EBA530A.jpeg
ED31DE8E-94DC-4470-A28C-94FEFB0F2F37.jpeg

Latest Posts

Back