• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom cut POLARIZED ruby red iridium lenses for Penny/Juliet....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what the problem was. The ordering system is a bit more complex. You have to see if the lens is available, order it, wait a few weeks for them to be made, than you have to send a message stating how you want them shipped. IF she gets back to you, you have to make yet another payment...and wait up to another 20 days to get them. Not sure where it went wrong, and I usually don't have to make 2 separate PayPal payments for an order. But hey...my money was returned, and now I just have to find someone to make me new lenses...wasted a whole month. At least she refunded me...

Well, too bad your experience wasn't a good one, but as stated she's gotten a lot of positive feedback on here before and this is the first negative AFAIK.

BTW I've had other cutters, reputable and local, take over a month to get me my order. **** happens...

Yeah...what to do. It is what it is....I personally would have set up a different system for placing an order. IMHO...it shouldn't have to be so complicated. Get on line, place your order, pay, live on. It should be that easy.

Well, I heard she did good work and that's why I was willing to work with someone all the way out in the UAE. I don't want to use someone to make the lenses who has never made lenses for Pennys. I know it's a science...and only certain donor lenses can be used. Need to find someone that has made several sets for Pennys in the past. I know there are now red POLARIZED lenses that Oakley uses on several models. So I would love to find a few sets of those. I have to do some more research and see who can help me out.

I don't know what the problem was. The ordering system is a bit more complex. You have to see if the lens is available, order it, wait a few weeks for them to be made, than you have to send a message stating how you want them shipped. IF she gets back to you, you have to make yet another payment...and wait up to another 20 days to get them. Not sure where it went wrong, and I usually don't have to make 2 separate PayPal payments for an order. But hey...my money was returned, and now I just have to find someone to make me new lenses...wasted a whole month. At least she refunded me...

Whoever you use be prepared to wait patiently. None of the custom cutters I know do this for a living so try to squeeze in the work into precious free time. Yes I know they are paid for a service, but some things are worth waiting for
:)

Note that the reputable cutters recommended here also offer exemplary service, absorbing the costs of inevitable cutting errors, sourcing lenses, replacing if any genuine fit issues. Not to mention responding to endless advice PMs.

I recommend @InfiniteHero

Status
Not open for further replies.