• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom cut POLARIZED ruby red iridium lenses for Penny/Juliet....

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW @DrtyHarry since a couple of weeks have passed since you updated this, did you ever end up getting the Ruby Polar Penny cuts you were looking for? From where?

I ordered them on eBay, and yes...an email was sent to me that did in fact go to my junk mail that I was unaware of. I did not think that another separate payment had to be made for shipping. I never argued or said I was not happy. I didn't even know where they were coming from. I don't think I ever had to make two PayPal payments for one item. BUT...that's how it was set up. I did say I didn't know I had to make another payment. And there after, my order was cancelled and said, "if I am not happy with the shipping prices, I would rather not do business with you". I never once said I was not happy with the shipping prices, I simply stated I was unaware of the extra charge. I emailed her back several times explaining that I did not know about the charges, and that I was happy to pay for them, and to please send my order. I didn't get one single reply back. And all my messages were very nice and polite. I still have the email messages. Just to clear this up, I NEVER said I was not happy with the shipping charges. I said I didn't know about the shipping charges. I still don't know why my order was cancelled, and why she got upset. In all fairness, I think it would be a bit more professional if you have customers make one PayPal payment...instead of two. I purchase things from all over the world with PayPal. This was the only time where a merchant asked for two payments. Yes, I admit I didn't see the request for another payment, in that part it is my fault. But to cancel the order simply by stating "sorry, I didn't know there was another charge". That's not fair....even though I waited a whole month AND I asked to have other lenses cut. All boils down to a lack of communication and a complex ordering system. I had a store on line in the past, and if you were in the US, you paid this price. If you were outside the US you paid X price. That simple.

I look forward to getting the lenses, and if they are as good as other people say they are....I would very much like to have more lenses made. Now that I now how the ordering system works, that mistake won't happen again. And again...I was never rude, I simply stated I was not aware of the extra charges. Doesn't mean I got mad or anything...

I ordered the lenses from her, on eBay. As she stated above. Only had to make one payment. Still waiting for the lenses.

OK, I'm confused. The original transaction you posted about, that was actually on eBay? With one payment or two?

Or are you saying you first ordered through her website, had the snafu that resulted in a cancellation and refund, complained about it here, then bought them from her via eBay? Wouldn't they be more expensive on eBay?

OK, I'm confused. The original transaction you posted about, that was actually on eBay? With one payment or two?

Or are you saying you first ordered through her website, had the snafu that resulted in a cancellation and refund, complained about it here, then bought them from her via eBay? Wouldn't they be more expensive on eBay?

I originally ordered from her website, than it was cancelled because I said "I'm sorry, I didn't know there was another payment to be made". I said I have no problem making the payment, just tell me how much and to please send my order. I never heard back, even though I sent 3-4 emails afterwards.

I was on eBay one night. Saw the auction for the Pennys, saw the seller had good feedback, and purchased them. I am now waiting for the lenses to arrive. I never said I was not happy with anything, I simply said I was not aware of another payment. And that resulted in my order getting cancelled. I tried a few times to have my order sent to me, I was more than nice. But no, my money was refunded to me. I wanted the lenses and was more than happy to pay a small extra shipping fee....but now, because I was unaware of the extra charge, my order was cancelled and my money was refunded.

It looks like the lenses have shipped. I have heard very good things about how nice the lenses are cut. But in all honesty, the website could be set up a bit better. For example, if you look on the website under the Juliet custom cut lenses. There is a long list of lenses that are "out of stock". Yet under the description of the "out of stock" lenses, it states that this lens has a scratch here, and that lens has a scratch there. If the lenses are out of stock, how do you know if there are scratches on lenses that one doesn't have? That's just an example. Putting this issue to rest, I simply did not know of the extra payment that had to be made. I did not read all the fine print, and I did not get the message that went to my spam folder. I thought that after I made the payment, all was said and done. I was incorrect...there are a series of steps and payments that need to be made. I had on line stores in the past, and like I said above....if the buyer was in the USA, he/she paid this amount. And if the buyer was outside the USA, he/she paid X amount. All this was done prior to checking out. And never had a single issue.

Well....now I know.

Dont be surprised, people hve issues with the poster. Its always good to hear both sides.

Care to be more specific? If someone has an issue with me, I would hope it would be brought to my attention....rather than just hide behind it. Do YOU have an issue? I have met a lot of nice people here, and have done a lot of business with them. I have not had any issues with anyone. If I'm wrong, fill me in.

I originally ordered from her website, than it was cancelled because I said "I'm sorry, I didn't know there was another payment to be made". I said I have no problem making the payment, just tell me how much and to please send my order. I never heard back, even though I sent 3-4 emails afterwards.

I was on eBay one night. Saw the auction for the Pennys, saw the seller had good feedback, and purchased them. I am now waiting for the lenses to arrive. I never said I was not happy with anything, I simply said I was not aware of another payment. And that resulted in my order getting cancelled. I tried a few times to have my order sent to me, I was more than nice. But no, my money was refunded to me. I wanted the lenses and was more than happy to pay a small extra shipping fee....but now, because I was unaware of the extra charge, my order was cancelled and my money was refunded.

It looks like the lenses have shipped. I have heard very good things about how nice the lenses are cut. But in all honesty, the website could be set up a bit better. For example, if you look on the website under the Juliet custom cut lenses. There is a long list of lenses that are "out of stock". Yet under the description of the "out of stock" lenses, it states that this lens has a scratch here, and that lens has a scratch there. If the lenses are out of stock, how do you know if there are scratches on lenses that one doesn't have? That's just an example. Putting this issue to rest, I simply did not know of the extra payment that had to be made. I did not read all the fine print, and I did not get the message that went to my spam folder. I thought that after I made the payment, all was said and done. I was incorrect...there are a series of steps and payments that need to be made. I had on line stores in the past, and like I said above....if the buyer was in the USA, he/she paid this amount. And if the buyer was outside the USA, he/she paid X amount. All this was done prior to checking out. And never had a single issue.

Well....now I know.

I still don't understand - if you were as miffed about the original transaction as you came across as in your earlier posts at that time, why did you still buy from her again on eBay? Did you not realize it was the same seller? Are you not miffed anymore? All forgiven?

All is good. The lenses are on their way. And honestly, when I made the purchase on eBay....I didn't know who the seller was. But it was easy, I hit buy it now, made a payment....and was done. Very simple. Yes...all is forgiven. I don't know why my order was cancelled....my guess is that the donor lenses were not in stock. But I can't say for sure because I was very nice at all times...as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.