• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom Cuts R1

robocopu

Oakley Expert
Paris
I got these lenses a week ago , they are custom cuts I have no ideea if they are cut from oakley lenses, I just got a good price and boght them. As I m not sure that these are oakley or not, I just installed them, took some photos and then put the OEM gold iridium back in.
DSC_0179.JPG

Are they emerald? You can compare the thickness against the oem lenses and decide if they are oakley donor lenses or not.

They sure look emerald but they are thicker than the original lenses and the color is not the same when I look trough my emrald juliets and trough these.

I got them from a ex collector and I got 4 colours emrald, ruby, violet and ice, the violet ones are really scratched up and he threw them in for free since he had sold all the R1s that he had.

That's interesting. I thought aftermarket lenses were thinner than oem? If they don't look right through them that could be because the finish on the outside, I'm not sure though.

If they are cut from Big Taco's the color difference you see when looking through may be due to the fact that the custom cuts would be polarized (I believe Big Taco only comes in emerald polar, and assuming your juliets aren't already polar). Ill compare my custom cut emerald R1 lenses to stock lenses when I get home tonight to see if I can't come up with any helpful information.

If they are cut from Big Taco's the color difference you see when looking through may be due to the fact that the custom cuts would be polarized (I believe Big Taco only comes in emerald polar, and assuming your juliets aren't already polar). Ill compare my custom cut emerald R1 lenses to stock lenses when I get home tonight to see if I can't come up with any helpful information.

The lenses are not polarized I just checked them, and these were cut back in 2000 and the owner only worn the violet ones and the rest never got used.

Interesting. Cause violet irid was just added as a lens color by oakley just recently. Would it be a possible linegear lenses?

could be after market look at the thickness that's the best way I think. Then you can eliminate as linegear is also thick I think.