• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom cutting lenses/discussion on Periscope Date/Time

xmetalmaniac

Made of Metal
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Florida
Just recently I began custom cutting lenses live on Periscope for forum members to watch and ask questions. Because of the positive feedback and the request for it to continue I am creating this thread so I can post Dates/Times of the cuts along with a lot of tutorials and Q&A.

If you would like to be part of a live scope, download the Periscope app and create the simple login. Do a search for xmetalmaniac and begin following me. When I go live you will get a notification. Please review the below housekeeping rules when a live scope is in progress, due to positive feedback from attending people that view it, their suggestions have provided a guide to go by.

Periscope house rules:

1. NO flaming, arguing, extended non-scope related discussions, explicit sexual overtones or inappropriate language in posts.

2. If a pertinent question is asked by someone and I miss it, I would appreciate a fellow scoper to answer it, if they know. If not I will try to answer it as I move along in the cut process if it is asked again. If not please PM me through the forum.

3. Periscope has a 500 maximum "heart/like" allowance to each person who attends each scope. The hearts/likes build my scope reputation as doing something worthwhile for the periscope community. If you are enjoying the scope and you would like to show it, then tap the screen and you will make hearts begin to float up. The color of the hearts will match your chat dialog color so you know your the one giving them. All the items I giveaway on the drawings are funded by me with shipping or are donated by fellow forum members. My time is also donated to do the scopes.

4. I will update the title of this thread, and add a quick post to update followers as to my next scope. Most scopes are done in the evening at 9:00 except for Sunday's during the Walking Dead season. I can try and do earlier ones on the weekend to accommodate international viewers if I have enough requests.

5. The Chat dialog box can be hidden during the Periscope, so you can enjoy the scope without discussion chatter. During the live scope on iOS devices, swipe your screen from left to right and click the "hide chat" button, on android devices swipe from the bottom to the top. To join the discussion or watch the questions being asked just click the button again.

6. If you miss a broadcast you have 24 hours to go back and review it. Periscope currently has a sync issue with typed chat versus how the live broadcaster answers questions. You can also now fast forward and rewind the replayed broadcast by touching and holding your finger on the screen and sliding forward or backward on the timeline.

I will continue to update the rules as I see to make the scope enjoyable or suggestions that come to me by viewers.

Thanks all and enjoy the forum.

Last edited:
I have tried to watch live but sometimes I can't. Is there a way to watch the videos after? I appreciate you taking the time to set up and broadcast the cuts along with a little bit of oakley knowledge talked about.

I have tried to watch live but sometimes I can't. Is there a way to watch the videos after? I appreciate you taking the time to set up and broadcast the cuts along with a little bit of oakley knowledge talked about.

Yes there is, if you follow me click on my name and click on my recent broadcasts and that will show the last couple that there are

Back