• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom Double Wide Build-Almost Done!

thanks man. Hopefully with a week all of the metal work will be done.

What should i do for color? i was thinking powdercoat the whole thing black... maybe silver?

I think you have come along quite well. Looks great. I almost think a black powercoat would look awesome, since you only see double wides in silver. Maybe even a matte black if that's available.

Keep up the great work!

I say do a custom paint job. Do it like a splatter job. Paint the bottom black, fade into yellow then orange with a red on top.
Or Start with blue on the bottom and fade into green with a yellow on top. Or do a complete black case and do a glow splatter on the inside of the case so if you put a light in it with the mirror in the back. It should give a unique effect.

54d9d13d.jpg

6fc9e3ef.jpg

617afc25.jpg

Still need to make doors. That's really about it for metal work.

I think I'm going to do gloss black with copper rivets and hardware where possible.

It's gonna be powder coated black though. I dont want to risk having open metal rusting. I think black will look clean and fantastic. I thought about clear cote, but meh. If i really hate it I can have it sand blasted to bare metal again

Back