• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom Elite vault... Any ideas?

TheWannaBe

Resident Lurker
Premium Member
O Universe
So I am working on an Infinite hero custom right now and I am working with Colorado custom look so far it's going great but I was sitting in bed and an idea hit me of doing an elite box after an IH theme. I know this has been done before by Dr. Chop but I want something different then just a painted icon...

(since my phone isn't uploading pics like I want I'll just make a separate post)

image.jpg
Here is what I have, regular elite vault...

This is what I want to use. I would like to try and have this on the top of the case, but worry it's to large and would have to wrap around the sides (which might be cool) or that the icon in the center gets in the way.
Another thought is have two of the shields on ether side of the icon and then do a grey icon in center with cross in corner... Can't decide...
If you have input or ideas let me know :) if I go with your idea or input when the whole thing is done I'll make sure when I post the entire piece I'll mention you in the "special thanks to" section of that post :) serious carrot that is!! Lol

Thanks!!
image.jpg

I like the shield idea, but really large (or two) might be too much of a good thing. Maybe a carbon paint all around with the shield in the upper right corner then a purple icon and a narrow purple band wrapping the whole thing to the left of the icon. Can't wait to see whatever you come up with...

Only issue with doing something inside the vault is this elite vault will be inside a larger case. So when you open the larger case the elite vault and glasses will be staring right at you. At least that's the vision!

I think the best option is to have a full on air brush custom paint job , if it's to display you want something a little special something that stands out ...

I would say the simpler the better, Since it is going to be inside of a case. leave the design and colors to the outside case, Do something basic on the hard box. And then step up everything else.Sometimes things can get over done and it takes away from what you are trying to do.
just my 1 3/4 cents.

If keeping it simple is your desire how about bottom of box done in carbon top done in black (Split Jacket style) and try add purple felt to inside of box ! Simple but effective