• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom Holbrook CF icons-real carbon fiber?

Peytonr

Oakley Beginner
Hey everyone, first post but I did use the search feature to no avail.

my gf just ordered me a pair of custom holbrooks for my birthday(she’s awesome) and got the carbon fiber icons, which worried me because I had seen the horrible checkerboard carbon fauxber icons for the batwing, but the Holbrook cf icons look and feel genuine. Anyone know if that’s the case? Can’t find anything online. TIA.

Edit for autocorrect sperging out
image.jpg

I haven't inspected those in person, but it might be some faux composite pattern/texture based on a textile, or etched plastic/rubber(?). A "clear" of sorts is sometimes applied to give it depth like it is an actual composite. I've seen it used on products like cell phone covers.

Realistically, almost no manufacturer can be bothered to make something so trivial and intricate out of carbon fiber. Especially those thin sections of the "O".

Any info on what it consists of? It’s def a bunch of separate pieces that feel textured to feel fibrous. I’m just glad it’s not their awful grey and black checkerboard pattern.
I used to be an employe, all the carbon fibre accessories aren’t real. when they use real carbon fibre you’ll see it in the price

Latest Posts

Back