• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sold Custom Juliet

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

Up for sale is a custom finish Juliet. It's a new finish I've not done before so don't know exactly what to call it. Has multiple colors, gold/bronze, blue, purples with random swirls throughout. Tried to capture it in pics best I could but it's hard to get it all in photos. The reflections hose some of the patterns. Has new oem rubber all around. Fresh tune up, with a brand new set of custom cut ice non polar lenses. Comes with glasses and mf bag only. Asking 425 shipped to US address. Thanks for looking.

20220619_173942.jpg

20220619_174010.jpg

20220619_174041.jpg

20220619_174057.jpg

20220619_174105.jpg

20220619_174120.jpg

20220619_174202.jpg

Some people reacted to this post.
Like a vibrant case hardened look! Awesome brother!

Username Hidden said:
Up for sale is a custom finish Juliet. It's a new finish I've not done before so don't know exactly what to call it. Has multiple colors, gold/bronze, blue, purples with random swirls throughout. Tried to capture it in pics best I could but it's hard to get it all in photos. The reflections hose some of the patterns. Has new oem rubber all around. Fresh tune up, with a brand new set of custom cut ice non polar lenses. Comes with glasses and mf bag only. Asking 425 shipped to US address. Thanks for looking.

View attachment 971229

View attachment 971230

View attachment 971231

View attachment 971232

View attachment 971233

View attachment 971234

View attachment 971235
Gorgeous buddy!

Last edited:
I think Ti does that when you place a current across the metal, no? The colors are created by passing electricity through it to produce a light-refractive oxide on the metal's surface. I believe Ti is called the rainbow metal in the jewlery circles.
B E A U T I F U L

The anodizing I do normally is done with electricity. It's a uniform finish. This is quite a bit different.

oil slick maybe?

Sort of.

Username Hidden said:
The anodizing I do normally is done with electricity. It's a uniform finish. This is quite a bit different.
I know in old mountain bikes, back in my day when Ti frames were becoming popular. Instead of paint they would just send a current through, it’s not like anodizing or electroplated colors. It was just a current and the electrons oxidize the surface to create the rainbow color.
For the curious
Not that this is what you do, but in general , Ti oxidizes really nice

Last edited:
Beautiful work brother.
You are the Arteeest!

Status
Not open for further replies.