• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom Juliets

1Marine

Oakley Expert
Ga
Ok.. New to the forum and new to X-Metals. I came across my old Juliets from years ago and had them refinished and thus started this crazy obsession. I have since expanded into Penny's. I recently picked up a pair of Penny's at a reasonable price in today's market. They are a polished pair. I personally am not a huge fan of the polished X-Metals, I prefer more of a dark or custom color. Question is am I grossly devaluing these glasses by having the factory polished custom painted? Should I keep the serial number? I don't plan to sell any of my glasses but you never know what may happen down the road.

1M

Depends on condition. If this is like-new with box and coin, then yes, you are hugely devaluing them. Without the box / coin, serialed pair are considered more desirable than non-serialed, so a refinish does drop them some (even if you preserve the serial).

Refinishing an unserialed pair should not make a meaningful difference in value.

And a pair that is damaged (scratches, tarnish, etc) could actually recover some value with a refinish, even if serialed.

If it isnt a complete set and has been already worn, then have it refinished if you want, wont matter too much at this point. But saving the serial is a good idea. And welcome to the forum.

Yes I agree with machine head just trade them for a different frame finish, I'm like you I personally don't like the polished finish

Thanks for the advice.

And yes the X-Man does an incredible job. I had a pair of Juliets done.

agreed with kronin I would not even consider refinishing unless I really have to but x man is the man if you want custom paints done.

Definitely trade them for a different finish if you're not partial to the polished look. Would be a shame to refinish it if it was in good order.

Back