• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom lens color authenticity

Hey it happens! They do sell some legit stuff, but the custom cuts have always been shady. I believe I have seen people mention getting refunds before, perhaps without even having to send the lenses back. Can’t remember who though.

Well, that was easy...After a long winded message questioning their authenticity, she/he apologized, cancelled the orders and refunded both pairs, as well as a pair of sapphire iridium MDs, which are still in the mail. I appreciate the help here. Learning experience lol - Note to self: search past threads and stop buying on eBay (though I’ve had success w frames)

I’m still very curious as to the source of these lenses... the curve is off too.

474E42BF-40A2-4E9E-8B1D-12D24294969D.jpeg

6883CBD5-13C0-48A1-B927-42BF8DD578F0.jpeg

That's discouraging, but glad you got your money back. Stick with one of the cutters on this forum and then there's no risk. Sourcing MD donors can be a bit of a bear, though.

That's discouraging, but glad you got your money back. Stick with one of the cutters on this forum and then there's no risk. Sourcing MD donors can be a bit of a bear, though.

i absolutely will. Is a donor for the SJ2 just as tough?

Well, that was easy...After a long winded message questioning their authenticity, she/he apologized, cancelled the orders and refunded both pairs, as well as a pair of sapphire iridium MDs, which are still in the mail. I appreciate the help here. Learning experience lol - Note to self: search past threads and stop buying on eBay (though I’ve had success w frames)

I’m still very curious as to the source of these lenses... the curve is off too.

View attachment 773563

View attachment 773564

Glad you got your money back at least! Who knows what those are, aftermarket for sure. There are plenty of legit sellers on eBay, but just be careful.

I have some SJ2 custom cuts planned, but you can also still find OEM in certain colors. It’s a larger lens too so it can be difficult to find suitable donors. Straightlink is tight, but possible from what I’ve been told. Jawbone should work. I’m sure there are others, but you’d need to consult with a lens cutter. @Chris A Hardaway

Call them out on it and ask for the name of the donor lens.

I would money on them not being OEM!!!
I did. The response was an “I’m sorry”, followed by a full refund on all 3, including 1 set of sapphire MD lenses which hasn’t Even arrived yet lol. If that’s not an admission of guilt, I don’t know what is

No more eBay for me. Lesson learned. I got hasty bc of the 2 week wait period for new guys on the buying/selling forum.

I did. The response was an “I’m sorry”, followed by a full refund on all 3, including 1 set of sapphire MD lenses which hasn’t Even arrived yet lol. If that’s not an admission of guilt, I don’t know what is

No more eBay for me. Lesson learned. I got hasty bc of the 2 week wait period for new guys on the buying/selling forum.

Standard practice for them.

Numerous people have had exactly the same experience, they know they aren’t selling the real deal stuff and capitulate the second they are called out on confirming the legitimacy of the lenses.

Not worth the fight.

The inside yellow tint is more consistent with violet iridium but the red towards the edges of the those doesn't seem right for violet. It's possible they could be older ruby lenses because the old ruby lenses had a lot more red/purple to them.
No way, too much purple, looks closer to + red. Did you buy those from Trixe?
Ops answered.
I have gotten one set from her that was real, verified by Chris.

I'm on ebay too. But I don't offer as many products there as when you get PM capacity.

Do not be discouraged from Ebay by the slime that roams there sometimes. With enough research and questions you can sometimes find some good deals on there. I certainly have.

Latest Posts

Back