• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom lens color authenticity

MinC13

I should Work at Oakley
I recently purchased 2 pair of lenses off eBay, which appeared to be from a reputable seller who claimed they were authentic custom cut Oakley lenses. They’re both positive red iridium, 1 monster dog, 1 SJ2. While the lenses are thick and feel OEM, the color just doesn’t seem Postive red to me. For starters, the tint appears much more purple on these than they do on my chrome white SJ2s w +red lenses. Also, when looking through them, they both appear to have a bit more yellow/greenish tint than my +reds.

what do you guys think?

71B4B082-6D65-4306-9ED2-9FAF91144B47.jpeg

55879982-44F3-4344-9DCF-0B78C261A418.jpeg

B1EED709-6CEC-4C46-A686-C68707F8BA3E.jpeg

5CE1E152-4178-417A-B519-FE79B50B2B97.jpeg

Now that I look at them in the daylight. The SJ2 lenses do appear to be +red

the deep purple on the MD are still throwing me off though. looking at the edges they do seem to be custom cut..could they be violet iridium?

19D4AC35-888B-4C45-8277-C50B6474DD8C.jpeg

B80C501C-2B36-448C-A927-51C15626EAE6.jpeg

The +Red is one of my favorites...
I know it’s grey based but I feel a blueish tint wearing it...

The inside yellow tint is more consistent with violet iridium but the red towards the edges of the those doesn't seem right for violet. It's possible they could be older ruby lenses because the old ruby lenses had a lot more red/purple to them.

Some +Reds (a lot actually) have that red/purple look, but that base tint is definitely not matching up with +Red. The base tint looks like violet, but Violet tends to be blue/purple and definitely not that red/purple. Doesn’t seem legit to me. Who was the seller?

Yeah, that’s what has he a little perplexed...
The SJ2s have a greener/yellower tint when looking through them too

this is the seller

F3125D48-833B-45A5-9BD3-3DB8480D53CE.jpeg

Yeah, that’s what has he a little perplexed...
The SJ2s have a greener/yellower tint when looking through them too

this is the seller

View attachment 773459

I figured so... that seller has been known to sell fake custom cuts.

Did you say you had the original +Reds in your white chrome SJ2? The base tint of your new ones should match up with those. It’s a neutral/grey base tint and slightly bluish when looking through the lens like someone said above.

I figured so... that seller has been known to sell fake custom cuts.

Did you say you had the original +Reds in your white chrome SJ2? The base tint of your new ones should match up with those. It’s a neutral/grey base tint and slightly bluish when looking through the lens like someone said above.

they do not. My sj2 have a blue tint, like you mentione

Ahhh.. I should’ve checked here first..shame on me lol I’m still learning. assume some members on here have dealt with her as well.I’m curious what their experiences have been after the fact

Hey it happens! They do sell some legit stuff, but the custom cuts have always been shady. I believe I have seen people mention getting refunds before, perhaps without even having to send the lenses back. Can’t remember who though.

Back