• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom Lens Review Thread

qtrain23

The Printing Pundit
Premium Member
United States
If you get lenses from my custom lens thread, please review or comment here rather than the sale thread so I can keep things straight and keep the clutter down. Thanks Gents!

uhanune9.jpg
udetu8up.jpg

dade5ana.jpg

Last edited:
You lost me, comparison on what Custom quality compared to OEM????

I think everyone of us on here use OEM lenses to do the cuts, so fit and bevel are the only two items that could be in question. Well I guess price and turnaround time too, but laser or projection to me would have been what I put, ALL Oakleys should be quite similar for those reasons.

You lost me, comparison on what Custom quality compared to OEM????

I think everyone of us on here use OEM lenses to do the cuts, so fit and bevel are the only two items that could be in question. Well I guess price and turnaround time too, but laser or projection to me would have been what I put, ALL Oakleys should be quite similar for those reasons.
The custom C-Six lenses for example are not OEM, as Oakley doesn't make lenses big enough to custom cut for them. I would be interested in knowing how they compare to OEM lenses as well. I have several of them now and am extremely pleased with the cuts. I'm working on a review right now with pictures I'll post up as well, but the quality of these is superb. Im just curious how they compare to OEM on the chart, and I'm just assuming that is what Ventruck was posting about as well.

To get OEM quality all you need is a Base-IN Prism Polycarbonate lens basically. They are minute differences in the quality of the PC lenses, but having the Base-In Prism is the biggest part. Second are they in-color, meaning the lens is clored all the way throughout them, or is it a coating like on OEM Oak Polar lenses where its a clear lens with the colors coated on top. Linegear coating is what messes up the vision quality. Plus they are not Base-in prism lenses.

To get OEM quality all you need is a Base-IN Prism Polycarbonate lens basically. They are minute differences in the quality of the PC lenses, but having the Base-In Prism is the biggest part. Second are they in-color, meaning the lens is clored all the way throughout them, or is it a coating like on OEM Oak Polar lenses where its a clear lens with the colors coated on top. Linegear coating is what messes up the vision quality. Plus they are not Base-in prism lenses.

The lenses are colored through out then mirrored, that much I know for sure.

The Mirror or as Oakley like to call it Iridium coating can be an issue. Color shade coating is also the problem in most cases. That has to be done in high quality similar to Oaks. The Line gear color coating is what distorts the vision. The prism particles for the color are too large and distort the image. Most cheaper lenses this is the case. When up close to the eye the eye corrects it like in the LIneGear, but that causes eye strain and possible issues down the road.

Back