• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom Lens Review Thread

Ok, here we go. I have been extremely excited to get my hands on a set of custom cut C-Six lenses, especially after @qtrain23 posted his custom cuts on the forum a while back in his C-Six. Now the wait is over. I put my order in for 4 sets and received them the other day and boy was I surprised with the quality of these lenses. The clarity on all sets is unreal and the edge work is impeccable, as if they came straight from Oakley. The fit is perfect with no wiggling inside the frame whatsoever. I've had my fair share of loose aftermarket lenses and these are a perfect fit. The colors I received are just stunning! I'm really into the vivid lens colors and these did not disappoint. One thing that hasn't been done on these yet is the projection slide test that @InfiniteHero used to test Linegear lenses against OEM lenses, which I assume will be done in the near future by someone. I am curious to know how these compare to OEM lenses as far as optical quality. I have tried many of the aftermarket lenses over the years in several different X-Metal pairs and I have been less than impressed with the quality and fit, aside from the wide range of colors that are available that Oakley has never graced us with. Within the past year and a half, I have been working with members of the forum to replace all of my aftermarket lenses with OEM Oakley cuts, and then some. I've ended up with way more lenses than I have frames. The C-Six was at the top of my list for custom cuts, but there wasn't anyone available to cut them, until qtrain23 came along and found a guy that could provide us with some awesome lenses. Thanks to you my friend I have some beautiful cuts for my C-Six's and I have already ordered more. I wouldn't hesitate to buy these lenses for any of my Oakleys; they are top notch. Here are a few pictures of the lenses and edge work.
muvaja8y.jpg
5abyjegu.jpg
5a7uhu7u.jpg
y9ydymyh.jpg
yjepu6ub.jpg
5u5u6eju.jpg
apa4ygyt.jpg
ynyjy6up.jpg
mesu6ary.jpg
umu2u4u5.jpg
e2a9a9ej.jpg
tu5azyma.jpg
ena4u2e7.jpg
yny8u2a2.jpg
azu8e5a7.jpg
Great review bro ! I can't wait to order more

Hi there,

How much would custom Oakley Hatchet Lenses cost me the Ice Iridium Blue with shipping to UAE??

Got my deep red polarized lenses for my carbon Juliet's yesterday. I am impressed. The color is nice and they fit perfectly. Here are a couple pictures. The pictures aren't the greatest but I'm stuck in my office at the moment.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401981135.189397.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401981146.836483.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401981155.138219.jpg

Edited for clarity.

Last edited:
I dont want to clutter qtrains thread reading all the comments very interesting oem vs aftermarket. I guess if you want to find out how qtrains lenses match up againts oem send andrew a pair to test and try it out and do the comparison that would be very interesting imo.

Okay, saving this spot to add to later...

I went with some Deep Red Mars to test. I haven't installed them yet, so this is just on look and feel.
They are legit as fffuuugg. Not only did they get here fast after Qtrain got back, but they're awesome. They're as thick as OEM. They look beautiful when looking through them. The color is absolutely amazing. I can't wait to put them in, unfortunately I'm absolutely exhausted right now and I'm not sure I can deal with the C Clips in this state!

Alright, little bit longer review. I was a little worried, aftermarket are aftermarket and these carry a higher price tag than some OEM. I received the non polarized Deep red for Mars as I said. The bevel is rough, yeah, but completely unnoticeable after they're put in. The cut for the right lens (as worn) was perfect. The cut for the left lens was a bit loose, but that's so common with X-Metals I no longer even want to include that in a review anymore unless it's so drastic they fall out. The color is f'n amazing. Even if these had the optical quality of a potato, I would still use them for displays. BUT, the pair I received.. I don't know if anybody else has had issues, have AMAZING clarity. I've tried Walleva, Linegear, Revant, Infinissimo, Z-Lens... all kinds of aftermarket lenses. These are definitely the top of what I've tried. But.. I'll wear them out today when I drive to work just for a bit longer of a test.

PS: Mars are freaking stupid hard to change lenses on, uggh.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/raifin/20140611_075841_zps36de93c7.jpg

Last edited:
ok, so are these replacement lenses ??

looking for an "X-Men Red" Radar Path lens for my Radars......

Latest Posts

Back