• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom Oakley belt buckles - what do you think?

Jim2saints

Oakley Beginner
Hello all,
I'm new to the forum and found it because I was looking for info on Oakley belt buckles.
I love Oakley golf products and rock me on and off the greens. I had trouble finding them in the colors I wanted when one day I thought to my self after buying a pair of limited edition radar STPLs, maybe I can custom make my own! Has anyone here done that? Does any one have advice on techniques to use? All help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.
J

:welcome: to the forum. Sorry, I wouldn't be much help in what you are asking, but welcome all the same. One problem I can see with doing something like this might be legal issues. Not sure though.

Welcome and I second the infringement rights, but as long as you make it and don't sell it I don't think they will hunt you down.... or will they :whistle:

:welcome: to the forum. Sorry, I wouldn't be much help in what you are asking, but welcome all the same. One problem I can see with doing something like this might be legal issues. Not sure though.

I agree. You can turn your home into "Icon One" but may run into some legal issues if you rent out rooms because of it. Make whatever you like, just don't sell it with those Registered logos or service marks on it!

And welcome to the community!

Hi
Thanks for the heads up. I'm just confused because I have seen people sell custom modified glasses all the time.
How would this be different as long as I am up front about it and make it clear that I was not affiliated with Oakley?
I kind of see it as buying a car and modifying it with a cool paint job and selling it. Thoughts?

Hi
Thanks for the heads up. I'm just confused because I have seen people sell custom modified glasses all the time.
How would this be different as long as I am up front about it and make it clear that I was not affiliated with Oakley?
I kind of see it as buying a car and modifying it with a cool paint job and selling it. Thoughts?

It's one thing to take an existing product and modify it, but quite another thing to create something using a companies logo without expressed consent. I guess it was just a bit unclear in that aspect. Modify all you want, and post pics. We like pics.

It's one thing to take an existing product and modify it, but quite another thing to create something using a companies logo without expressed consent. I guess it was just a bit unclear in that aspect. Modify all you want, and post pics. We like pics.
I concur.

Im sorry, I totally left out that I meant since I couldn't find the buckles in the colors I wanted that I would buy them and then custom paint them myself. Has any one ever done that or seen it done?

I haven't but plenty of forum members have painted their Oakleys so give it a go with the belt buckle. You could also try cerakote. I had a pair of Fives Squared done in cerakote for my wife and we were both happy with the results.

Latest Posts

Back