• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom Order Help: X-man Order Form Q&A

X_Metal32

Oakley Beginner
Hey fellas, for those who have gone through the process, need some confirmation...
I didn't want to overload the man with questions + he seems busy as he wrote back and said to wait 2 weeks to send in, I think shop is closed until Aug 17th. So hopefully get these questions answered here in mean time.

I have 4 Oakley Juliet Polished Hammer Stems I am sending in to X-man to get re-finished and some tuned up.

1. Do you need 4 order forms or 1? On the order form it says to select if your sending in multiple frames, so I thought that meant just 1 form? If just 1 form, do you just write about what you want in the Notes Section for the other 3 frames since they will be different Finishes and different rubber kit colors?

2. In the order form, it says: "please remove lenses and all rubber parts"
So he wants you to send in a bare frame? Which means you have to remove even the smallest rubber gaskets which I assume you have to remove the ear stems to remove the smaller gaskets?
I see on order form where you select "Include Linegear Rubber Kit"-Does that mean your just buying it and he sends it to you to install yourself or will he install the complete rubber kit and remove rubbers for you, or just install but not remove?
And I have 1 frame with complete rubber kit I like, just need a refinish. So on this, does he want me to just take the rubbers off and send in for him to install after the blast or again do I just keep the rubbers at home and install when I get the frames back?

3. If I choose the $90 Custom Color, is that a package deal that includes nose tighten or is a tune up a separate charge and the $90 is ONLY for a custom blast?

4. Are there any special discounts for sending in multiple frames or even military discounts that he ever discussed with anyone?

The X-Man's Custom Metalworks - Order Form

Order - The X-MAN Custom Metalworks

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey fellas, for those who have gone through the process, need some confirmation...
I didn't want to overload the man with questions + he seems busy as he wrote back and said to wait 2 weeks to send in, I think shop is closed until Aug 17th. So hopefully get these questions answered here in mean time.

I have 4 Oakley Juliet Polished Hammer Stems I am sending in to X-man to get re-finished and some tuned up.

1. Do you need 4 order forms or 1? On the order form it says to select if your sending in multiple frames, so I thought that meant just 1 form? If just 1 form, do you just write about what you want in the Notes Section for the other 3 frames since they will be different Finishes and different rubber kit colors?

2. In the order form, it says: "please remove lenses and all rubber parts"
So he wants you to send in a bare frame? Which means you have to remove even the smallest rubber gaskets which I assume you have to remove the ear stems to remove the smaller gaskets?
I see on order form where you select "Include Linegear Rubber Kit"-Does that mean your just buying it and he sends it to you to install yourself or will he install the complete rubber kit and remove rubbers for you, or just install but not remove?
And I have 1 frame with complete rubber kit I like, just need a refinish. So on this, does he want me to just take the rubbers off and send in for him to install after the blast or again do I just keep the rubbers at home and install when I get the frames back?

3. If I choose the $90 Custom Color, is that a package deal that includes nose tighten or is a tune up a separate charge and the $90 is ONLY for a custom blast?

4. Are there any special discounts for sending in multiple frames or even military discounts that he ever discussed with anyone?

The X-Man's Custom Metalworks - Order Form

Order - The X-MAN Custom Metalworks

Thanks!

1 - One form per frame. Note in the shipping section it says "if shipping multiple frames, select on one form only", implying there are other forms for other frames, and the pulldown there has an option for "part of a multi-frame shipment"...

2 - (You've got several questions embedded in this one...)
a) Yes, bare frame.

b) Not sure what you mean by "smallest rubber gaskets" - if you mean the earstem washers, no, you can leave the earstems on and the washers in. Remove the earsocks, t-shocks, nosebombs, lenses, and orbital gaskets / screws, assuming the job is a tuneup and/or refinish.

c) "Include LG rubber" - I haven't done that one but I assume he'll install them unless you request otherwise, you can confirm with him; but the "remove" part of your question doesn't apply because you should have removed the rubbers before sending them in...

d) Again, take them off before you send them and put them back on when you get them back. Think of it this way - when people send in their rubbers and lenses with the frames, that's exposing him to claims that he messed them up somehow (like a lens scratch) when they get returned. Obviously he takes the utmost care of your stuff, but that's never stopped people from making claims... he doesn't need your rubbers or lenses to tuneup or refinish, so keep them at home and there's no question of responsibility or liability.

3 - I believe it includes the tuneup - he has to take them apart and put them back together anyway, when doing the color. But I can't say that 100% so I suggest you confirm that with him.

4 - He has not publicly offered any special multiple-frame discounts AFAIK. What he may offer privately is his own business.

@THE X-MAN, if you care to comment further...

here's what it really comes down to a nutshell whatever you want me to do that's what the comments box at the bottom of the order form is for.if you're only doing a tune up you do not need to take out the lenses or remove anything else,take them off your head and put them in a box with the order form

1 - One form per frame. Note in the shipping section it says "if shipping multiple frames, select on one form only", implying there are other forms for other frames, and the pulldown there has an option for "part of a multi-frame shipment"...

2 - (You've got several questions embedded in this one...)
a) Yes, bare frame.

b) Not sure what you mean by "smallest rubber gaskets" - if you mean the earstem washers, no, you can leave the earstems on and the washers in. Remove the earsocks, t-shocks, nosebombs, lenses, and orbital gaskets / screws, assuming the job is a tuneup and/or refinish.

c) "Include LG rubber" - I haven't done that one but I assume he'll install them unless you request otherwise, you can confirm with him; but the "remove" part of your question doesn't apply because you should have removed the rubbers before sending them in...

d) Again, take them off before you send them and put them back on when you get them back. Think of it this way - when people send in their rubbers and lenses with the frames, that's exposing him to claims that he messed them up somehow (like a lens scratch) when they get returned. Obviously he takes the utmost care of your stuff, but that's never stopped people from making claims... he doesn't need your rubbers or lenses to tuneup or refinish, so keep them at home and there's no question of responsibility or liability.

3 - I believe it includes the tuneup - he has to take them apart and put them back together anyway, when doing the color. But I can't say that 100% so I suggest you confirm that with him.

4 - He has not publicly offered any special multiple-frame discounts AFAIK. What he may offer privately is his own business.

@THE X-MAN, if you care to comment further...

here's what it really comes down to a nutshell whatever you want me to do that's what the comments box at the bottom of the order form is for.if you're only doing a tune up you do not need to take out the lenses or remove anything else,take them off your head and put them in a box with the order form

That's what I meant... :D

Latest Posts

Back