• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom Polished Romeo 1

BriP

my frame was realy fukced up and cheap - perfect for a project :eek:)

sorry for hijacking your thread bro . . .

left after sanding / right before

n2stem.jpg

left before / right after polishing

n1stem.jpg

just crappy phone pics looks better in real!

it's okay bro, it's all about sharing :D.. you've done a great job there...

why don't you share your idea here.. i'll let you know if there's something missing :D..
okay, if i were to polish any of my frame i would first soak my frame in a light paint stripper, to strip the old finish, then wash it in a dish washing solution, then i'll sand it lightly with 320 then 600 grit sandpaper, then I'll use car rubbing compound, then finishing of with a finer car polishing compound.

okay, if i were to polish any of my frame i would first soak my frame in a light paint stripper, to strip the old finish, then wash it in a dish washing solution, then i'll sand it lightly with 320 then 600 grit sandpaper, then I'll use car rubbing compound, then finishing of with a finer car polishing compound.

ok, 1st of all the coating of a x-metal is no paint. so i don't no if paint remover will work (i didn't use any).

you're working on metal not paint, so you have to think how and what will work on metal objects.

here's what you need

- dremel
- sanding barrel 240grit
- sand paper, grit 800 - 1200 - 2000
- metal polisher use the best that you could find

how you do it

- use the dremel and the 240 grit sanding barrel to strip the old coating
- sand it 800
- after you get a smooth and shiny surface, polish the frame with metal polisher

and you'll get a chrome like shine x-metal frame..

Back