• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom Red Romeo 1 info

Here's something my team knocked up without paint

PhotoGrid_1456379480801.jpg

for arguments sake check this out
Does this look anodized? to my non-expert eye it does
Its definitely red.
Of course that doesn't mean its necessarily Titanium but the parts don't look like obvious fakes.
its true though that I almost never see Red Juliets unless its paint or cerakote which is why I saved these pics, so unique looking

View attachment 225803View attachment 225804View attachment 225805View attachment 225806View attachment 225807
I'm sure you know that is from another thread on this forum. I believe he said they were powder coated?

Its definitely red.
Of course that doesn't mean its necessarily Titanium but the parts don't look like obvious fakes.
its true though that I almost never see Red Juliets unless its paint or cerakote which is why I saved these pics, so unique looking

View attachment 225803View attachment 225804View attachment 225805View attachment 225806View attachment 225807

I think those are the ones that @rthomas218 did and they are anodized red powder coated.

The red/black juliets were powder coated. It is an anodized look (translucent powder) with alot of prep work done. I polished the frame to a mirror finish with sandpaper to 2500 wet and then used 3m polish, 3 stage, then wax and grease remover before powder. I might have overdone the prep, but was my 1st xmetal powdercoat. I have a translucent blue I'm going to try next.

Its definitely red.

You can't anodize titanium red.

Back