• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom Romeo Spiderman Or Superman Ironman X-Metal ?

dingo ate my baby

X-Metal Hulk, You wouldn’t like me,when I’m angry
Near the lake Ohio
Thinking of doing superhero romeo Ironman Spiderman or superman? . I would want the finish to look like purple juliets or metallic maybe anodized but not plastic looking . Here are two 5 min mock ups. Yes I am aware it's not the greatest looking art it more the idea is the point! . 24kt lenses other chrome iridium lenses. Ruby polarized is a another thought.
Screenshot_2014-08-14-09-14-47.png
Screenshot_2014-08-14-09-05-29.png

Last edited:
how about going for a burned look as in the 'burned juliet' thread?

When it comes to extreme custom projects, it's truly up to the person making the investment. Beauty is in th eye of the beholder and of the thickness of your wallet.

If you're seeking critical advice, don't waste a perfectly good pair of x metals on such a project, especially the one pictures here. Through my eyes, it is horrifically ugly. Best left on plastic.

I know the x man did a one off bright blue "cobalt" paint job on a pair of Juliet's I saw pictures on the forum probably a week or two ago, someone was asking for verification from him that he had done the job on a pair of second hands.

I would personally only do extreme customs on a pair of beaters, i would be hard pressed to call a pair of R1's a beater.

I would lean towards Pos Red lenses. The blue/red theme would appeal to me.
It may look awesome displayed with some Marvel props nearby. :superman: