• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sold Custom Splice w/ OO BIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

This one hurts my feelings a bit. I love these frames, but just can't get these beauties to fit my face just right. I had pieced this project together after buying a peeling Black Chrome frame.

The oem rubber is in incredible shape and has no signs of tearing, tackiness, or peeling. Once I received this frame from a member here, I actually installed Flak nose bombs to preserve the original nose pieces.

Frame: 9/10 only because it's been worn.
Polished Black and Custom Midnight Bronze cerakote upper oribtals and icons done by Zach.

Lenses: 9.5/10 with no signs of wear.
OO Black Iridium Polarized lenses cut by Chris A Hardaway. I will include the original Black Iridium lenses that have some scratches, but still very functional.

Comes in a microfiber bag and includes a full set of Flak/Half Jacket nose pieces (2x large, 2x standard nose bombs)

Asking $165 (includes CONUS shipping and G&S)

Thanks for looking! (more pics when I get home)

20180111_181440-jpg.432579

20180111_181421-jpg.432582

20180213_143458.jpg

Some people reacted to this post.
What frame would you compare these to...Monster Dogs, Pit Boss 2, Pit Bull?
I’ve been checking thelse out lately and love the looks, just not sure of the fit...
Thanks

Username Hidden said:
What frame would you compare these to...Monster Dogs, Pit Boss 2, Pit Bull?
I’ve been checking thelse out lately and love the looks, just not sure of the fit...
Thanks

Compared to those, these are definitely on the smaller side. In regards to X-Metals, I'd say the orbital height is somewhere between Juliet and Penny, but same width and wrap.
By the numbers, the Splice lenses measure 56 x 31 mm. Juliet would be about 55 x 33 mm; Pit Boss is 60 x 38 mm, Pit Bull is at 62 x 40 mm.

Username Hidden said:
Compared to those, these are definitely on the smaller side. In regards to X-Metals, I'd say the orbital height is somewhere between Juliet and Penny, but same width and wrap.
By the numbers, the Splice lenses measure 56 x 31 mm. Juliet would be about 55 x 33 mm; Pit Boss is 60 x 38 mm, Pit Bull is at 62 x 40 mm.

That's lens measurements, right? So with the bigger frame, I'd think they are larger than a Juliet? Love the looks of these things. I found the PB2 to not fit me, but I like the Pit Bull, monster Dog and Straight jacket. But the angles on this thing are much nicer...just want to be sure they don't fit like a PB2. Can I ask how they don't fit your face? (Too tight, doesn't wrap your head well, etc...)
Thanks

Username Hidden said:
Those look great, I'll take them! Please PM your PayPal info

Ha. Sniped!

Username Hidden said:
That's lens measurements, right? So with the bigger frame, I'd think they are larger than a Juliet? Love the looks of these things. I found the PB2 to not fit me, but I like the Pit Bull, monster Dog and Straight jacket. But the angles on this thing are much nicer...just want to be sure they don't fit like a PB2. Can I ask how they don't fit your face? (Too tight, doesn't wrap your head well, etc...)
Thanks

Yes sir. That was for lenses. The styling and lines on the Splice are freakin amazing!!!!! A favorite of mine to look at, always will be. They are definitely smaller than PB2.
That said, they're not for everyone. I have a crook in my nose right where most nose pads sit. Because of my nose, they sit a tad crooked, and even with manipulating the nose pads (like I've had to do with x-metals) I can't find that sweet spot for them to set.
The wrap of the frames I think is similar to most sport frames. Currently, the only pair on hand I could compare it to is my Scalpels. Around the head, the fit very much alike with the Splice feeling a tad more secure because of the healthy amount of unobtanium on the ear stem.

I hope that helps.

Our friend @ucdavis4PT0gpa inadvertently helped us out several years ago!
Go to the 8:10 mark, which gives a really quick side by side of the Tron PB1 and a Splice.

Status
Not open for further replies.