• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom Split Jacket/Flak Jacket Help

The thing is, I usually wear red, white and blue on accident. Jeans, white shirt and red hat or jeans, red shirt, white hoodie. I actually don't own anything with stars and stripes. LOL

That's fine, but i think if you put on the split jackets with that theme, it'll be overkill.

That's fine, but i think if you put on the split jackets with that theme, it'll be overkill.
Yeah it would be overkill huh? LOL

I really wish there was a way to change the icons on the Split Jacket. They sell the thru bolts so all that leaves me to change is the icons. I'd go for a silver thru bolt with silver icon since silver goes with anything. But without the ability to change both, I might as well get an entirely new frame in a different color. If I resort to that I'm going to have to pick neutral colors for the accents so I don't get pidgeonholed into a certain color set like I am with the blue on my Split Jacket.

Here's another option which would be to only change the thru bolt into pearl white:

Split3.jpg

More subtle on the red, white and blue?

Yeah I really wish I could switch out the chrome icon on my Flak Jacket. :(

The thing is, I usually wear red, white and blue on accident. Jeans, white shirt and red hat or jeans, red shirt, white hoodie. I actually don't own anything with stars and stripes. LOL

Yes, the theme is called we need more frame options for +Red. LOL

Which one? The one red earsocks or white?

White earsocks as they're not as in your face as the red ones. Can't you get an ice blue lens to match the icon & change the bolt to blue then?

White earsocks as they're not as in your face as the red ones. Can't you get an ice blue lens to match the icon & change the bolt to blue then?
That frame came with an Ice Iridium to match the blue thru bolt and icons. Ironically, none of the three are the same shade of blue. LOL

I wanted a +Red for that frame and was tinkering around on what combo would be decent with the +Red.