• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom unobtanium earsocks for Antix

jdd32

X Metal Workshop
Sydney
A friend of a friend loved his Antix but hated them slipping and sliding off his head. He loves the feel of Unobtanium but sadly Oakley never released earsocks for Antix. So out of boredom, I cooked up some Unobtanium earsocks (literally) and modified them to fit his Antix. Even comes with "exhaust pipes" at the end for the added styling!

DSC_5441.jpg

DSC_5442.jpg

DSC_5443.jpg

i love Antix but always thought they would be better with UO rubber on the earstems.
nice work

how did u do?

Got oem flak jacket and cooked them up to fit. You can try brute forcing without cooking them but I don't recommend that approach. You'll likely end up tearing the rubbers (cue the jokes) or breaking an arm (literally)

good to know thanks

ive always wondered if other UO rubbers could cut/exactoed into a flat piece and glued on the inside of the ear stem surface.

yes, thas what i was picturing,just forgot the model name. just like a Turbine would be perfect.

do you do this? or have you seen it done?

yes, thas what i was picturing,just forgot the model name. just like a Turbine would be perfect.

do you do this? or have you seen it done?
Haven't tried as I don't have any suitable omatter frames. If that was my antix that'd have been my mod. I got spare new blue turbine socks that can be used if you're up for experiment

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back