• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom work gallery - Images of customs you've done.

Patience is a virtue! And I want it right now haha...
well, I sent him a PM last week and it took a couple days for him to respond. I'm ok with that.

in his return PM, he told me to send him an email and I did...

waited 2 or 3 days with no response - sent him another PM and he said that he thought he had responded.

been waiting another 2 or 3 days for his email and haven't received anything...

I had a great idea and was excited to see what he would come up with...

might be the first he's done....I'm still excited...

just waiting for his pricing, his turnaround time and his address to send my RadarLocks to....

well, I sent him a PM last week and it took a couple days for him to respond. I'm ok with that.

in his return PM, he told me to send him an email and I did...

waited 2 or 3 days with no response - sent him another PM and he said that he thought he had responded.

been waiting another 2 or 3 days for his email and haven't received anything...

I had a great idea and was excited to see what he would come up with...

might be the first he's done....I'm still excited...

just waiting for his pricing, his turnaround time and his address to send my RadarLocks to....

Oh please don't mistake my intent, its a funny saying I use all the time for myself (God give me patience and I want it right now! haha)... I have no intent to insult or try to tell you what to do, so my apologies if it came across like that.

Its the process we all go through with Josh, he is a very busy guy with ALOT going on. Sometimes you just need to wait a few days and shoot him a reminder email (2-3 days for a response is not uncommon, I usually like to wait a week and if I still haven't heard back from him then I will send a follow up email). I am sure he can better inform lead times for prospective projects, but be prepared for them to take up to 6 months (good things come to those who wait!).

I think many of us forget just what his job entails (I know I do this all the time and I have to stop myself and remember). Imagine how many people likely message him in any given day just from this forum! He has to not only balance responding to all those messages, trying to get all our projects done simultaneously, shipping, quality control, as well as still be a father and husband (I believe he is also doing some wholesale now which is another added burden). Each person can make their own decision regarding using his services, but at the end of the day his jobs are usually a steal for the price considering it really is high end art. If you go to someone like Andrew Petterson you can get the same level of quality, and he will still take a month or two (and charge upwards of $600+, Doc charges a tenth of that so if takes a little longer I think that is very fair trade off). Remember he is just one man, an incredibly gifted superhuman of a man, but still a man.

Read his twitter or facebook feed and you will realize most days he is working well into the midnight hours, 6 to 7 days a week. I can't blame a guy for misplacing an email or mixing up who he has responded to when you are going through emails at midnight after a 10 hour plus day! Again I am not trying to start anything here and everyone has to make their own informed decision when using his services, but I just felt the need to say whats been on my mind awhile (I would hate to once again frustrate one of the original co-pilots and have him take another hiatus, as sooner or later he may just stop servicing this forum altogether and that would be an incredible shame and loss to the community as a whole).

Oh please don't mistake my intent, its a funny saying I use all the time for myself (God give me patience and I want it right now! haha)... I have no intent to insult or try to tell you what to do, so my apologies if it came across like that.

Its the process we all go through with Josh, he is a very busy guy with ALOT going on. Sometimes you just need to wait a few days and shoot him a reminder email (2-3 days for a response is not uncommon, I usually like to wait a week and if I still haven't heard back from him then I will send a follow up email). I am sure he can better inform lead times for prospective projects, but be prepared for them to take up to 6 months (good things come to those who wait!).

I think many of us forget just what his job entails (I know I do this all the time and I have to stop myself and remember). Imagine how many people likely message him in any given day just from this forum! He has to not only balance responding to all those messages, trying to get all our projects done simultaneously, shipping, quality control, as well as still be a father and husband (I believe he is also doing some wholesale now which is another added burden). Each person can make their own decision regarding using his services, but at the end of the day his jobs are usually a steal for the price considering it really is high end art. If you go to someone like Andrew Petterson you can get the same level of quality, and he will still take a month or two (and charge upwards of $600+, Doc charges a tenth of that so if takes a little longer I think that is very fair trade off). Remember he is just one man, an incredibly gifted superhuman of a man, but still a man.

Read his twitter or facebook feed and you will realize most days he is working well into the midnight hours, 6 to 7 days a week. I can't blame a guy for misplacing an email or mixing up who he has responded to when you are going through emails at midnight after a 10 hour plus day! Again I am not trying to start anything here and everyone has to make their own informed decision when using his services, but I just felt the need to say whats been on my mind awhile (I would hate to once again frustrate one of the original co-pilots and have him take another hiatus, as sooner or later he may just stop servicing this forum altogether and that would be an incredible shame and loss to the community as a whole).
oh yeah, I didn't take it that way at all :)

I know he's super busy - I'm just waiting for at least a response that tells me how much and an address to send my glasses to HAHAHA !!!!

I don't have a facebook or twitter so I don't get to see the "behind the scenes" of what goes on with him and his work...

like I said, I'm excited about this project, I'm just waiting for the proverbial "parting of the sea" when he responds with cost and address.....

I got my RadarLocks incoming to my house right now and would like to know where to send them to get the ball rolling....

p.s.
I want @dr.chop to service me - MY BODY IS READY !!!!!

p.s.s.
maybe you can shoot me a PM with an address of where to send my frames to ?? :)

replied...i thought i had, but apparently not lol...

I am beginning a rust project on someone's stuff hopefully this week...have several more frames to do as well as a mountain bike, another 1.5 octocopters, and several other items including some HANS devices...yup, busy busy

oh yeah, I didn't take it that way at all :)

I know he's super busy - I'm just waiting for at least a response that tells me how much and an address to send my glasses to HAHAHA !!!!

I don't have a facebook or twitter so I don't get to see the "behind the scenes" of what goes on with him and his work...

like I said, I'm excited about this project, I'm just waiting for the proverbial "parting of the sea" when he responds with cost and address.....

I got my RadarLocks incoming to my house right now and would like to know where to send them to get the ball rolling....

p.s.
I want @dr.chop to service me - MY BODY IS READY !!!!!

p.s.s.
maybe you can shoot me a PM with an address of where to send my frames to ?? :)

HAHAHA I am not sure he would be "ok" with doing any body paint on you, maybe your wife? (though that might result in his own divorce so even then that might be pushing it! but who knows, he is a cali guy and I hear they are pretty progressive out there!)

And we are two peas in a pod it seems, I to do not have any social media accounts (I waste enough of my time on here as it is!). His website has a live feed to his Twitter/Facebook account that I like to check occasionally, and by occassionaly I of course mean every other day, to see what the master has been up to (and to tease myself with future project ideas, and then their is that day you check and you see your projects has been posted on his feed and your like "OMG OMG OMG those are mine? OMG!!!" haha). He if ever wants/needs a secretary my phone is always on for him!

Thank you for not taking it the wrong way, from how understanding you are with all the chatter about your wife etc. you seem like a standup guy (makes sense why you got such a knock-out as a wife!). Not everyone here would take it so calmly!

replied...i thought i had, but apparently not lol...

I am beginning a rust project on someone's stuff hopefully this week...have several more frames to do as well as a mountain bike, another 1.5 octocopters, and several other items including some HANS devices...yup, busy busy
thanks for the reply Doc....

I just returned your email with two more questions.....

Back